My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"The Lucky Muscle"
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this one today for my winter project. Its an 87 with 1300 hours on it. Nice shape but could always be better! I like that it has the newer replacement deck as well.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks to be in very good shape and have fun with the project. slkpk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Nice score...but is it really gona take all winter to fix that battery holder???

That unit looks to be in excellant shape!

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You'll enjoy that little diesel Tank . Mine never let me down.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Congrats, that is in great condition! :thanku: for the pic!

·
Citizen of Earth
15,299 Posts
Winter project? It looks ready to go to my eye. Not sure what you plan on doing, but it's a great tractor in great shape, so there can't be too much it needs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm jealous! No 332s like that out here when I was tractor shopping. I would have loved to put one of those in the garage!

·
Super Moderator
33,701 Posts
Mkos, looks to be in very nice shape, so I can't wait to see the improvements you're going to make this winter! Congrats on the new 2U 332.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great find indeed!

·
Just John Deere
743 Posts
Mkos1908,

A 332 is a powerhouse of a GT. The 16 HP Yanmar engine has all the power I ever needed. They all shake severely when you go much below 1/2 throttle. There are two problems that may arise. Both the 332 and 332 have a problem overcharging the battery. This can cause the VR to fail. A voltage drop on the sensing lead to the voltage regulator causes this problem. JD has a relay kit that resolves this problem. The second problem is cold weather starting. Once again there is a voltage drop on the power lead the glow plugs. I made a relay kit to eliminate this problem. Be sure to keep the radiator screen clean. They have a problem overheating sometimes.

Enjoy, :thThumbsU

GotDeeres

·
"The Lucky Muscle"
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And so the teardown begins. I found a gas can funnel in my tank , a broken off pickup screen and a GOLF BALL!! I will look into that relay kit! The radiator is at the shop down the street getting cleaned and pressure tested.

Attachments

·
"The Lucky Muscle"
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope keeping it green is ok with me. I just ordered a full nut bolt and washer order from them for a full restoration to the tune of 400 bucks.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Good luck with the restoration!!! Where did you find the golf ball hiding at???

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mkos1908,

A 332 is a powerhouse of a GT. The 16 HP Yanmar engine has all the power I ever needed. They all shake severely when you go much below 1/2 throttle. There are two problems that may arise. Both the 332 and 332 have a problem overcharging the battery. This can cause the VR to fail. A voltage drop on the sensing lead to the voltage regulator causes this problem. JD has a relay kit that resolves this problem. The second problem is cold weather starting. Once again there is a voltage drop on the power lead the glow plugs. I made a relay kit to eliminate this problem. Be sure to keep the radiator screen clean. They have a problem overheating sometimes.

Enjoy, :thThumbsU

GotDeeres[/QUOTE

I have a 332 and short of experencing the voltage issues and \the cold starting (as that I bought it this spring and have not had cold starts yet) I agree with the everything else. The Yanmar is a great engine. It shakes pretty bad when cold and or not at WOT or nearly that; however it has more than enough power when put to a task. And with regards to the radiator, keep it clean ALL OF THE TIME. When you read from others said the radiator in the 332 is barely big enough they were right. If you start working it you'll know it by how much it warms up. Enjoy that great tractor.

BTW thank you for the info on the voltage issues. Hopefully I don't have to deal with those issues.

·
"The Lucky Muscle"
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found the golf ball in the gas tank lol. I also found all my axle to frame bolts loose and cross member to hydro pump loose as well. Seems like a common thing from the people over on WFM's

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
There are standards and there are HIGH standard like yours, Can't wait for the finished pics !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts