My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email the other day from a guy who had this tractor. He was nice enough to include pics. From the pics it looked to be a nice original tractor. He said it comes with a deck and snowplow. Upon looking at the pics the first thing I noticed was it has factory wheel weights, not one set but two.
So I called yesterday, jumped in the truck and drove the 45 minutes to get it. When I got there the deck looked nice, the steering wheel didnt have any cracks, had good tires, removable grille piece, and a pretty nice hood and grille. I got it for $150. The bad is I dont know if it runs, it needs carb cleaned and put back on, and its missing all engine covers. The main reason I got it though was for the wheel weights and deck.

Hood and grill turned out to be repainted after looking at it, it is also missing the grill support.

Today I sharpened the blades and greased the arbours and mounted it on my 69 Suburban in the pics below

The deck works great but I shredded the deck drive belt. Also mounted the factory wheel weights on the 69 later today along with the front wheels from the 67.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Good cracker!! Gotto love the back rest.You are running a 5/8"belt aren't you?It looked a bit twisted in the pic.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Good looking tractor, did you get the starter cover?
GB in MN

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Double wheel weights and a deck for $150? Sweet deal. Oh wait, theres a tractor too :)

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good cracker!! Gotto love the back rest.You are running a 5/8"belt aren't you?It looked a bit twisted in the pic.
Thanks for the replies. I got the back rest a couple weeks ago at a swapmeet for $5. I took it back off and blasted it after work today, and got half of it painted, should be back on this week. I am going to paint the back rest spring orange and the backrest white to match the spring/seat on the tractor. The deck belt is about the size of a S/G belt. I am going to replace it with a 5/8 belt because I shredded the one it came with, (belt in the pics)

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good looking tractor, did you get the starter cover?
GB in MN
No I didnt get the cover. It is missing the engine cover, S/G cover, Pto cover and the cover under the battery tray. I tinkered with the tractor today, to try and get it running, did a quick five minute carb clean, put a jump box on it and it fired up. A quick tune and it idled and ran pretty good. It smokes alittle but for a 44 year old motor it runs pretty good. I am going to put the an extra engine cover on it and may plow with it this winter. The trans seems tight, and the headlights work too.

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know the correct deck drive belt size?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
I believe its 5/8x101

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe its 5/8x101
Thanks Hugh
Can anyone else verify the deck drive belt size for a 42" deck?
Got the back rest painted for the '69 today. Will have it back on tomarrow.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
I hardly find anything out here. Just my 65 and my 68 have been good deals.

·
Fabman
81 Posts
Since i got the Sears Suburban bug a year ago i have found a 67 SS12, 68 suburban 12, 71 roto-spader and a 72&73 ST 10s' within 20 miles of me. It all started with the roto-spader to hook up to my 1620 Cub. After having a Wheel Horse K-91 roto-tiller fabricated behind my JD 110 30yrs. ago i wanted to get another 3-point tiller. Found this great site and the rest is history, been on the hunt since. The suburbans' are around but you have to really hunt. I think the junkers as we call them here have taken a real toll on our GTS' Randy G.:Stop:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts