My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did come with a cutting deck.. That one is off my 74 112.. It came with a new seat and new battery.. and a few new parts on it. Then his wife said to him after tuning it up.. Why not buy a new one.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Seems like a great deal at that price :fing32:
:ditto::ditto: Thanks for the pic, looking forward to more....:thThumbsU

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts
Nice!!:fing32:

How about more details on the "trip report"? Wasn't there a road trip involved here?

Every time I see one of these, I know I will have to get one someday. There is just something about them....

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,093 Posts
Certainly is pretty, man! And in good shape! I'd been WONDERING how long it was gonna be before you let folks know about this one! I wasn't sayin' anything in case you'd gotten it home and some thing bad had happened.... (eg "You take that back RIGHT NOW!", or "WTH, I've just hauled a CARDBOARD CUTOUT 500 miles!!! Where's my TRACTOR?!?").

Now we just need some comparison pics of you on IT, and you on the 60... To see which one looks more like it fits you! :thThumbsU

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol LTG.. cardboard cut out.. Thanks for the morning laugh.. There will be more pics.. But not to soon as i will change the oil and it will sit with my 112 till spring. I need to work on my fathers 317 and get it out of here then work on bale pick up head. Seems the winter has gone past and i didn't realize..

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!!:fing32:

How about more details on the "trip report"? Wasn't there a road trip involved here?
Yes there was a road trip.. There where other things (some for my wife) that i had to pick up along the way.. But the 140 was the farthest away.. worked out to a tad over 1000 miles round trip. so 225 to 250 in fuel. I found a few other items along the way. I am now waiting to hear back from these guys..

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Nice find Gerald. How about a Thread on what you are doing to the 317. I got one and am trying to soak up all the info I can about them. :fing32:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Every time I see one of these, I know I will have to get one someday. There is just something about them....
The same thing goes through my mind.....someday!:thThumbsU

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice find Gerald. How about a Thread on what you are doing to the 317. I got one and am trying to soak up all the info I can about them. :fing32:
I'm doing a rear end swap.. and Yes i will take photos and such.. I hope for it to be a one day swap.. We where supposed to do it today but i cleaned up the wiring and tied it all into the truck for dad.. Now his brake and turn lights work on his headache rack.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Great score, even if you had to do some driving to get it.

·
Super Moderator
17,136 Posts
That little gem looks good--TG..

and I like the shop crammed full of goodies...:thThumbsU

glenn

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That little gem looks good--TG..

and I like the shop crammed full of goodies...:thThumbsU

glenn
I just hauled three pick up loads to the dump. making room for more tools. i have a set of sheet metal rollers and a bender that needs to find space. :dunno: That pile of steel and stack of plywood in the corner is finding a new home very soon..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts