My Tractor Forum banner

New to me 140H3

2741 Views 28 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Team_Green
I mentioned it to a few of the fine folks on here.. so here is a picture of it.

Ohh.. I paid 300 bucks for it.. it runs well.. The wheels are not dry rotted out.. :thThumbsU
See less
I mentioned it to a few of the fine folks on here.. so here is a picture of it.

Ohh.. I paid 300 bucks for it.. it runs well.. The wheels are not dry rotted out.. :thThumbsU
See more
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Looks like a good deal for that price, did it come with a cutting deck? It's in good shape for it's years....good luck with it!

Mike
Looks like a good deal for that price, did it come with a cutting deck? It's in good shape for it's years....good luck with it!

Mike
See more
It did come with a cutting deck.. That one is off my 74 112.. It came with a new seat and new battery.. and a few new parts on it. Then his wife said to him after tuning it up.. Why not buy a new one.
It did come with a cutting deck.. That one is off my 74 112.. It came with a new seat and new battery.. and a few new parts on it. Then his wife said to him after tuning it up.. Why not buy a new one.
See more
Seems like a great deal at that price :fing32: Is this 140 season or something?
Seems like a great deal at that price :fing32: Is this 140 season or something?
See more
:ditto::ditto: Thanks for the pic, looking forward to more....:thThumbsU
Seems like a great deal at that price :fing32:
:ditto::ditto: Thanks for the pic, looking forward to more....:thThumbsU
Seems like a great deal at that price :fing32:
See more
Nice!!:fing32:

How about more details on the "trip report"? Wasn't there a road trip involved here?

Every time I see one of these, I know I will have to get one someday. There is just something about them....

How about more details on the "trip report"? Wasn't there a road trip involved here?

Every time I see one of these, I know I will have to get one someday. There is just something about them....
See more
That looks a lot better than the one I got for more money and still think was a bargain.

Attachments

That looks a lot better than the one I got for more money and still think was a bargain.
See more
Certainly is pretty, man! And in good shape! I'd been WONDERING how long it was gonna be before you let folks know about this one! I wasn't sayin' anything in case you'd gotten it home and some thing bad had happened.... (eg "You take that back RIGHT NOW!", or "WTH, I've just hauled a CARDBOARD CUTOUT 500 miles!!! Where's my TRACTOR?!?").

Now we just need some comparison pics of you on IT, and you on the 60... To see which one looks more like it fits you! :thThumbsU
Certainly is pretty, man! And in good shape! I'd been WONDERING how long it was gonna be before you let folks know about this one! I wasn't sayin' anything in case you'd gotten it home and some thing bad had happened.... (eg "You take that back RIGHT NOW!", or "WTH, I've just hauled a CARDBOARD CUTOUT 500 miles!!! Where's my TRACTOR?!?").

Now we just need some comparison pics of you on IT, and you on the 60... To see which one looks more like it fits you! :thThumbsU
See more
lol LTG.. cardboard cut out.. Thanks for the morning laugh.. There will be more pics.. But not to soon as i will change the oil and it will sit with my 112 till spring. I need to work on my fathers 317 and get it out of here then work on bale pick up head. Seems the winter has gone past and i didn't realize..
lol LTG.. cardboard cut out.. Thanks for the morning laugh.. There will be more pics.. But not to soon as i will change the oil and it will sit with my 112 till spring. I need to work on my fathers 317 and get it out of here then work on bale pick up head. Seems the winter has gone past and i didn't realize..
See more
Yes there was a road trip.. There where other things (some for my wife) that i had to pick up along the way.. But the 140 was the farthest away.. worked out to a tad over 1000 miles round trip. so 225 to 250 in fuel. I found a few other items along the way. I am now waiting to hear back from these guys..

Yes there was a road trip.. There where other things (some for my wife) that i had to pick up along the way.. But the 140 was the farthest away.. worked out to a tad over 1000 miles round trip. so 225 to 250 in fuel. I found a few other items along the way. I am now waiting to hear back from these guys..

See more
Nice find Gerald. How about a Thread on what you are doing to the 317. I got one and am trying to soak up all the info I can about them. :fing32:
Nice find Gerald. How about a Thread on what you are doing to the 317. I got one and am trying to soak up all the info I can about them. :fing32:
See more
The same thing goes through my mind.....someday!:thThumbsU
The same thing goes through my mind.....someday!:thThumbsU
See more
I'm doing a rear end swap.. and Yes i will take photos and such.. I hope for it to be a one day swap.. We where supposed to do it today but i cleaned up the wiring and tied it all into the truck for dad.. Now his brake and turn lights work on his headache rack.
I'm doing a rear end swap.. and Yes i will take photos and such.. I hope for it to be a one day swap.. We where supposed to do it today but i cleaned up the wiring and tied it all into the truck for dad.. Now his brake and turn lights work on his headache rack.
See more
Congrats on the 140, looks good. :trink39::trink39:
Congrats on the 140, looks good. :trink39::trink39:
See more
Great score, even if you had to do some driving to get it.
Great score, even if you had to do some driving to get it.
See more
That little gem looks good--TG..

and I like the shop crammed full of goodies...:thThumbsU

glenn

glenn
See more
TG, nice find there! Looks to be in good shape, looking forward to the fixin' up pics!
TG, nice find there! Looks to be in good shape, looking forward to the fixin' up pics!
See more
I just hauled three pick up loads to the dump. making room for more tools. i have a set of sheet metal rollers and a bender that needs to find space. :dunno: That pile of steel and stack of plywood in the corner is finding a new home very soon..

glenn
I just hauled three pick up loads to the dump. making room for more tools. i have a set of sheet metal rollers and a bender that needs to find space. :dunno: That pile of steel and stack of plywood in the corner is finding a new home very soon..

glenn
See more
Just the little things are getting fixed on the 140 for now. a major rebuild / paint wont be for a couple years.. Its dads 317 that is getting the rear end swap..
Just the little things are getting fixed on the 140 for now. a major rebuild / paint wont be for a couple years.. Its dads 317 that is getting the rear end swap..
See more
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.