My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally was able to go get my newest acquisition . 1969 140 H3 with the K321AS.
Drove it a mile home and ran pretty decent . has a few issues , but nothing major . Now just gotta decide if I want to put a loader /backhoe on it or go with a blade and deck .

I think I did alright on this . Paid $200 for it . Even if I have to drop a few bucks into it , i believe I'm still ahead of the game .

Here she is after the ride home and tooling around the yard .Just a quick wipe down to clean off the dust and dirt .

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Good looking old tractor and it was a steal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! $200? So basically, you stole that 140. You know that don't you? What a great tractor and a great deal. Congratulations.

Yeah , Ive been told that these can fetch a few bucks . Someone said if I were to sell it I could get 3-5 times what I paid for it easily . But I'm thinking it's not going anywhere .

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
The tires and wheels are worth what you paid, the rest was free! Great deal!!!

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,186 Posts
Nice steal.....I mean ...deal you got. I've been keeping my eye out for one, but the few around here bring good money.
Enjoy it and good luck!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Good job and a nice Deere you got there. Enjoy :fing32:

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Drove it a mile home and ran pretty decent.

No faster than it is, I'm surprised you weren't caught while stealing this machine:ROF That is a very nice looking tractor, I'd go with maybe a loader, and find a deck for it. For no more than you have in it, you can spend a bunch to restore and upgrade it and stillhave less in it than it's worth.

Did you feel like Richard Farnsworth in The Straight Story while you were riding it home?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
That just ain't right for $200:sidelaugh . You probably won't sleep well tonight knowing you stole it. Enjoy it and a great deal. slkpk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you feel like Richard Farnsworth in The Straight Story while you were riding it home?
Lol funny , but hadn't thought of that till you posted .

Been driving this thing around the yard to get use to the hydo (first one) . Can say this . The wife wasn't to impressed when I drove it around the corner . "Another tractor?" Had to make a deal to get rid of one or two to keep this one .

Gotta say , kinda like the beast . Will make a good addition alongside my Simplicity 3210V . And yeah , would like to set it up with a loader . Maybe even a backhoe .

$200? yeah , I'd say it was worth it . Even though the local small engine shop "guy" said it was just an "ok" deal .

·
JD318
990 Posts
An "ok" deal he would've jumped on in a split second...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts