My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really like the look of the 82 series hoods and grilles, so I did some digging and found a 1050 today that needs a clutch. in pretty good shape.
So wheres the best place to pickup a clutch setup for it?
The trans shifter seems to bent or something, its over to the left too far, and the metal opening is bent from pushing it over to get to those two gears, any ideas?
Also, I've got a kubota 2cyl diesel, that I was going to put in a 128, but decided not to. thinking of putting it in this tractor now. How rare is the 1050? was contemplating taking it all apart and painting it red as well. I really like the look of the red ones.
I will try to post some pics of it soon, but I picked it up for 200, and its in pretty good shape.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Well they were only made in 1989. It was MTD/Cub's entry Level Machine with a 10HP Kohler Magnum shaft drive to a aluminum Trans Case. But they did Take a spring assisted Cat 0 3point Hitch of a Sleeve Hitch. I would Love to find one to add to My collection Just Because I Like the entry Level GT's with the Nice single cylinder Kohler engines:thThumbsU

·
Senior MTF Member
1,815 Posts
I was trying to find how many were built.All i could find was "very few built" so the 1989 1050's are rare:dunno:
========================
Cub Cadet 3235 2004
Cub Cadet 2165 1997
Cub Cadet 1882 super 1990
Cub Cadet 1872 super 1989
Cub Cadet IH 123 1967
========================

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok trying to figure out a clutch for it. will the one on ebay fit? its a 761-3002 and mine shows to take a 761-3011. what is the difference other than a newer machine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts