My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum, I am running a 2010 Craftsman PYT9000 24HP, and am looking to purchase the correct snowblower attachment for it. I really did not get an impressive response from Sears about this. If anyone has suggestions, please offer. I did check the MTF forum which offered a lot of of information.

I also have a 1999 14.5hp Crafstman Lawn Tractor that needs a piston rod, if anyone is interested, the body and frame are in good condition, but the seat cover has a few tears in it but ios still supportive.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome pdonohue, nice to have you aboard here with us and the craftsman guys should be along, enjoy the forums :).

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts

We are glad to have you join us. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums.
Check out ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity.

Don't forget to register what State/Country that you are from..CLICK HERE

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this forum, I am running a 2010 Craftsman PYT9000 24HP, and am looking to purchase the correct snowblower attachment for it. I really did not get an impressive response from Sears about this. If anyone has suggestions, please offer. I did check the MTF forum which offered a lot of of information.

I also have a 1999 14.5hp Crafstman Lawn Tractor that needs a piston rod, if anyone is interested, the body and frame are in good condition, but the seat cover has a few tears in it but ios still supportive.
You should check out the compatibility chart on the page but it looks like this one will work:

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...owers+&+Tractors&keyword=two+stage+snowblower

On this review site a pyt9000 owner says snowblowing is a pain with that model:

http://www.mysears.com/Riding-Mowers-Tractors/topics/PYT9000-Craftsman-Professional/posts

But on this review site for the snowblower a pyt9000 owner says it works fine:

http://milo.com/craftsman-42-in-lawn-tractor-snow-thrower--reviews/6

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
My 2007 Craftsman has a sticker under the hood on the side that lists all available attachments and the part numbers for "wear parts" and maintenance items. It's not in that obvious of a place, so you may have one lurking somewhere under there also.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
you could get a Berco Blower too! My dad has one of those on his Husqvarna and it's awesome! Pretty much like the Craftsman one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok , I purchased the 71-24837 Craftsman Snowblower attachment. Spent 2 days assembling it, still have got it going yet. The snowblower attachment seems to be about a half to 1 inch wider than the shoulder bolt attachment play.
Question? The brackets that have the shoulder bolts have protrusions around the holes that the Quick Connect pins go in, should those protrusions face in towards the tractor or away from the tractor. Right now I have them facing away, If I reverse them will that correct my alignment issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts