My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been casually looking for an ACTIVE tractor forum- many other forums out there but some of the last posts were 4-8 months ago.......

We are in northern N.H. and I maintain our 1/2 mile private road with a New Holland 1510. FEL, York rake and grading blade. Last Fall I added a snowblower after being tired of snowbanks falling back into the road.:fing32:

No more snowbanks. It helped with mud season too- I blew the snow to the downhill side and less melted into the road surface.

·
Administrator
12,689 Posts
Nice New Holland, I have a new dealer just up the road from me and that Blue paint is starting to look good ( my 7 yr old wants one of their CUT tractors with a loader, I'm in, if we could convince my wife). Welcome To MTF. Lots of good folks here, and loads of different topics to check out. Take care...:trink39:

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Thanks for joining and the pic... we like pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before the snowblower.......

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Will you look at that. He hired a photographer with a helicopter just to get some nice pics for us picture addicts.

Nice pictures. After the past few weeks of 90 and 100 degree weather, it almost makes me long for the cold weather ... Not!

A New Holland dealer opened up in my town last year, which is good for me. I've been there a lot for parts for my Ford 4000. It's amazing that they still make and stock parts for 40 plus year old tractors. Support your local dealer or they may not be there when you really need them.

Did you make that canopy yourself? I've been thinking about something like that for mine. What's the top flat piece made out of? I notice that the older pics with the back blade don't have the side pieces coming down from the canopy like the new picture with the blower has. Is that clear Plexiglas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sean,

Yes, home fabbed. The dealer has a canopy but LOTS of $$$.

The frame is bolt together and made from perforated angle steel that I bought at HD. To keep it light the top is 3/4" rigid foam board, double faced with foil- it is light and waterproof- again found it at Home Depot.

The lexan seen in the snowblower picture is kind-of a prototype. I secured it to the canopy with zip ties and zip tied the corners together. It will be getting longer (towards the ground) this Fall. Keeps the blowing snow out of my face and actually works very well.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.....Support your local dealer or they may not be there when you really need them.....
That won't be a problem with me as a customer :rolleyes:

Besides the tractor and blower- they are a Kawasaki dealer and I have taken a couple of new bikes off their hands over the past 2-3 years.

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
There's a few combo equipment/powersports dealers around here too. My brother-in-law traded in his Harley on a Kubota. ;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Good looking rig you've got there!!

Please post some pix when the snow is deep and the going gets tough with that blower!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please post some pix when the snow is deep and the going gets tough with that blower!!
Will do. Kind of spaced on getting some last winter.

Had some snowfall last year that left depth taller than the blower's intake. Didn't phase the thing. It also shoots smaller rocks pretty far :eek:

But after 8 years of plowing with a pickup & 9' Fisher MM2 then the grading blade on the NH, blowing is SO much better.

And going in reverse to use the blower isn't the big deal (at least to me) that some others warn against. I sit slightly turned around and can comfortably roll down the road, ALWAYS with my left foot very near the clutch. But less passes are needed with a blower compared to any plow since there is no leading or trailing edge "tail-off"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts