My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, looks like I can learn a lot here.

I just purchased a new Craftsman PGT 9000 mower and would like to sell my 2003 model LT1000 with an 18.0 hp briggs intek motor and 6 speed manual trans. The mower runs great with 118# compression and has a new carb (bad needle valve) and a straight deck that cuts well.

It does have some cosmetic blemishes and needs a new seat, but it has no rust or missing parts. see pics for reference.

What is a fair price to ask for the mower?

As for the PGT 9000, it seems like a decent machine for the price. I mow a little over two acres and it cut my mow time from 4.5-5.5 hours to a little less than three hours. It would be even fasterif my terrain was real smooth, but it is not.

I think it cuts pretty well for a 54 inch deck, but occaisionally does leave a little strip of uncut grass that I have to mow again.

Thanks for any input, I am not looking to make a killing, just want to unload the old mower at a fair price.

Mike

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. Congratulations on the new tractor. Around here you might get 3 to 4 hundred out of your old tractor. Prices vary by region so you would probably get a closer price by checking craigslist. Here is the URL:

http://montana.craigslist.org/grd/

·
Mr. Haney
735 Posts
I didn't notice the tank. I was to busy lookin at that Orange beauty in the background of picture 4. 350ci 4 bolt?

Around here you'd probably get $350 - $400 easy for that tractor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't notice the tank. I was to busy lookin at that Orange beauty in the background of picture 4. 350ci 4 bolt?

Around here you'd probably get $350 - $400 easy for that tractor.
Nope, 1970 396 (402). One of these days I will get it back into the car.

I stuck a sign on the mower for $450/OBO and will see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts