My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys all this is new to me but what I'm trying to do is basically find out ways around dealing with dealers that won't help you in situations when something in or on your tractors happen to be a problem that you don't really know what to do .So I feel that my best shot would be to join on with a group of guys that live it .I am new to this & threfore don't know how to find my way around this form so if you would I'd greatly appreciate some guidence of where & how I may resolve my issues.I hope that I fit in ,I am self employed & have been out of work for almost 2 yrs other than a very sm job here & there so to be honest I can't afford at this time to go to a dealer & have him work on something & clean my pockets when theres nothing there lately.I don't know if this is appropriate or not but my problem is I own a 5210 john deere tractor with afront end loader & a back hoe on it tractor has 320 hrs. on it so its like new my problem appears to be that my clutch is stuck to my pressure plate & I need to know how that I minght get this resolved.reason I think that is when my pto lever is shifted out of pto my pump is still turning & I am having my gears gring when I try to go into gear & with the motor at idle I can get in gear but when I depress the clutch in it doesn't disenguage is why I think that this si my problem.I've talked to several people that have had situations like mine happen but I'd really appreciate which would be a good way to wizely do this without having to spend $$$ I don't have its been sitting for 7/8 months since last usedall fluid levels I believe are where they need to be but not sure I'm on a combination slope meaning I have a slope downhill & at the side of my tractor can anyone help me out as to what I can do & how to do it Thank you sincerly Larry Mc Farland

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
There is a brute force method that works most of the time, but there is a risk of breaking expensive parts...:(, so it's totally your call if you want to risk it. Engine off, put the tractor in gear step on the clutch pedal and have some one tow your tractor. The rear wheels will slide until they get traction and the resulting force usually breaks the clutch plate free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts