My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
forkz
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need new trailer tires been runing used 15in got these from agri supply this may sound dum hope they fit min van rims has mini van axle n rims used 15 hard to find round here good ones

·
forkz
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
d dogg they were 74.49 each i got a hammer for 5.99 total tax n all was 164.80
hope its a long time before i need more

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
But these are D load range tires, and you didn't mention if your old ones were or not. Still, $75 each isn't bad considering how much tires have gone up. My truck takes E load range, and the last set of Michelins I bought for it were $135 each (5 years old). Same tire is over $200 today.

If you're like me with trailers, my tires tend to dry-rot long before I wear the tread off them.

·
forkz
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
d could not find the load range found 1499# max main thing b hauling is a 695# ztr maby a small load of wood now n then i think they b alright for what i do wiith it

·
Registered
709 Posts
yup; I run the same tires on my trailer except 1 size bigger. (ST 225/75D15) as long as those rims are 15" the tires wont care they came from a minivan;
I have 6 lug (think 1/2 ton Chevy) rims on mine, the "stockers" are regular, old camper rims, my spare which I got from the junkyard came from a full sized jeep, late 80s Grand Wagoneer.... those Carlisle tires fit just fine...still "15 inch"

·
forkz
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good used 14 n 15 inch tires r getting hard to find around i.ll get my nephew to mount them up for me he works in a local auto shop

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The "D" means they are bias-ply, rather than radials. That is much better for a trailer, they track straighter behind the truck. With a multi-axle trailer, it's even better. When you turn a trailer tight and the tires scrub, it can damage the cords or a radial tire. Some manufacturers have addressed this by adding a mesh layer under the tread, but the real fix is to just use bias-plies.

·
forkz
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was at tysc today they had the size tires diffrent brand but looked just like them they were $109.95 each so i did ok getting them from agri supply

1 - 14 of 14 Posts