My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bestf100
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of those guys who has a small stockpile of the discontinued Mobil 1 2T synthetic 2 cycle oil (and a few of the older MX2T). Works great, minimum smoke, minimum deposits, developed for European Gran Prix motorcycles. What's not to like? (I use it in summer on my walk behind mowers - Lawn Boy 10552 & 22261, Snapper w/ Wisconsin Robin engine and Toro with Suzuki engine. Use it in the winter on my Toro single stage snowblower w/ 5 HP Suzuki engine). Since you can't buy it any more, I've had my eyes open for someone to offer another synthetic 2 cycle oil when the stockpile runs out.

Mystic has a new 2 cycle oil that came out this month called "Mystic JT4 Ultimate Hi Performance 2 cycle Oil." (Google it). I talked on the Mystic (Citgo) technical hot line today. They say it is a synthetic PAO (not mineral based) oil, that was developed for 2 stroke motorcycles and mowers (although it is listed under their Marine category - and is good for that as well). They say it will be sold at Blains and Napa (and a couple more places that I could not remember).

I thought y'all wanted to know. It will be a while until my Mobil 1 2T is gone.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I was good with the Mystic oil until you said it was made by Citgo. I won't be buying any of Hugo Chavez's stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts