My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last year's snow storms I'm ready this year. I don't care if it doesn't snow a flake for the next 20 years, I've got my machine on order. Pre-paid for it, when it comes in it'll be delivered.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I hope it serves you well.

·
10,731 Posts
Interesting twist on the 'Snow Hog' tread design there. Give us a review when you put it to use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I tried out at the dealer on the floor model it seems very well constructed and has nice features. The all steel chute and deflector are adjustable from the control handles. It's not a crank, rather a single lever that you push down, then side to side and it moves the chute/deflector. There's one handle for each. I was really impressed with it. I borrowed a friends Troybuilt last year and while it got the job done, I was not impressed with the plastic chute, manual deflector, and cheesy gear system on the chute. I don't feel that it is built to last any number of continuous years of usage, while I plan to have my Husqy for years to come. Just my experience so far.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Interesting twist on the 'Snow Hog' tread design there. Give us a review when you put it to use.
I just sold my older Honda HS624WA that had those Snow Hog type of tires. They worked real well without any chains - very pliable and "sticky" even on the slick stuff. They seem to work best at lower pressure, 10 - 14 PSI (depending on conditions) usually worked good for me.

Best of luck with your new toy, rescue48. I'm hoping for a nice, snowy winter this season.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the 30 inch Craftsman version of the blower...it is well made!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it dropped off yesterday. Ready to go!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
All that Orange looks sweet! Let's hope we have a nice snowy winter this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you going to install the weight bar, drift breakers, deflector extension, or high speed impeller?

Mac Garage, do you have the same blade auger as rescue48 or the ribbon auger?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All that Orange looks sweet! Let's hope we have a nice snowy winter this year.
I believe we got more down here on Delmarva than y'all did last year?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you going to install the weight bar, drift breakers, deflector extension, or high speed impeller?
I might go get some of the extras. But my experience during last year's huge storms was that you kind of have to stab at it when it's half again higher than your unit is. By that I mean lots of forward and reverse in and out of the snow pack. Will all those extras make a big difference in the operation? Let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I might go get some of the extras. But my experience during last year's huge storms was that you kind of have to stab at it when it's half again higher than your unit is. By that I mean lots of forward and reverse in and out of the snow pack. Will all those extras make a big difference in the operation? Let me know.
Your HV model should have left/right free wheel 'power steering. With that you can also release both wheel and tug it back without even releasing the drive lever.

The weight bar should help keep the nose down in heavy snow and the drift breakers should drop the sides to make a smoorth path. Your forward speed will be a function of how your friction wheel is adjusted.

The high speed impeller should throw the snow further and handle heavy snow better. On the 24" the only question would be if there was enough power to take advantage of it. The impeller is the same size as the more powerful 30" units.

On the tire pressure, from an earlier post, the most traction probably occurs with the right tire set to the minimum and the left tire set so that the left/right weight on the tires is equal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, that's a lot more information than I ever realized. Thank you for your insight. Lots to think about.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It looks like a mini HDAP. slkpk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mikey,
where in the First State?
Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts

Mac Garage, do you have the same blade auger as rescue48 or the ribbon auger?
I have the ribbon auger. I talked the dealer about it and he stated that the new auger seemed to noticeably push more snow into the impeller.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I bought a new one also. Mine is a Toro 826OXE

steve
Those Toro Snowblowers are really nice. I was checking one out at my local dealer. The Joystick Control seems to operate very smooth and precisely and the rest of the controls are layed out ergonomically. I hope :praying: we get a snowy winter this year - last year was a bust. :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts