My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a craftsman snow thrower and did not recognize the engine design so I am turning to you folks, the number on the block is 265-SU and it sort of looks like a honda but my research is not indicating honda so If you guys could give me a make I would appretiate it.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Honda clone from China.. LCT, Lifan, and a few others manufacture them including both Briggs & Stratton and Kohler.. There now very popular in snowblowers and push mowers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I guess I have had better news So I guess I better hope that I never need parts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
parts are easy to get and dirt cheap. most. I wouldn't worry about it. There not bad. Ariens warranties them for 5 years in 1 or 2 models of there Compact series snowblowers.. After Techumsea went under in '08, leaving there popular Snow king engines in history. Briggs and Stratton really didn't have a strong market in snowblowers at that time, and being the GX series Honda's were a solid winter engine as they have been in Honda blowers for many years, but Honda's are a higher price point than Techumsea was, so the GX clone engines have been put into many snowblowers since 2008, but B&S is gaining ground again and Ariens is running B$S engines in most of there lineup.. if it bothers you to have a china made/ branded engine, NOS Techumsea snow king engines are in no relative shortage and generally sell for $2-300 depending on HP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts