My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to putting the new cover on the 216,the pan wasen't too rusted so I sanded the rust off and coated it with a new product i found at Home depot,(spray on rubber sealer)thought it would be fine to use on this application.And I also liked the green seat that was posted a while back so mine is green.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Great job Biker. :fing32: The back of the seat looks good in green.

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
I've always liked the green seat pans. Nice recover job! The 332 needs a recover too, haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
Wow! Great job! Love the green! Did you use a rattle can or a spray gun? Did you buy new clips or reuse the old ones? I will be doing the seat on my 214 this summer:)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Finally got around to putting the new cover on the 216,the pan wasen't too rusted so I sanded the rust off and coated it with a new product i found at Home depot,(spray on rubber sealer)thought it would be fine to use on this application.And I also liked the green seat that was posted a while back so mine is green.
That does look good! Who's green seat was that a while back? I will be doing the pan green for my one forty when I get to that point...

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick 4030 I don't recall who posted it,I will look back and see if I can find it,
Hammy,the kit comes with the cover and new welting (black holder strip) and one clip.I have the number but not on me at this time.
Tahnks Guys,I finally got tired of the old seat's nasty look and had time to do it.
I just JD greened it with a rattle can,didn't want to mess up my hvlp for so small a job.

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
Nick 4030 I don't recall who posted it,I will look back and see if I can find it,
Hammy,the kit comes with the cover and new welting (black holder strip) and one clip.I have the number but not on me at this time.
Tahnks Guys,I finally got tired of the old seat's nasty look and had time to do it.
I just JD greened it with a rattle can,didn't want to mess up my hvlp for so small a job.
Thanks Biker. I have a part number I found on JDparts but I think it lists the kit but gives me individual part numbers for everything. I just want to make sure I get the kit. I think I will be doing green as well since I have it and yours looks so good :thThumbsU

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks like an awesome job you did!! You get time could you get the part numbers you have? And the dollar amount? Once again, looks great!!

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Green1.sure will post it in the am,it all.in my shop so i will get it.cost is 70$.

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here's the JD # for the seat kit.TY15741, 69.00 There is a different number on JD Parts (AM 38416) but this is what's on my box mine came in,included 1 strip to hold the cover on and 1 center clip.Funny thing,I checked JD parts for the new decal and it said my dealer had one,off to the dealer and told them I needed the decal,they said we have been sending some of the old stuff out to McKinney Texas JD and that decal was sent YESTERDAY,SOOOO now it's coming back to this store.
I have bought seats from Atwoods here in Texas for 65$ but this is a much better deal and not made over there.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Nice job on the seat I like the green:thThumbsU

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,255 Posts
Wow! That totally woke up your 216!

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Guys,I really like the tractor,It's in good condition and I have the steering reworked so it steers really good and the spinner is easy to use on this one.

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nick4030,Nodavid's post today on his 317 is who had the Green seat pan,Mine is finally KATT approved.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Well they look very very good green! I did my 110 green last summer, but it was green originally... Lol

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Huum,what year were they green from JD?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts