Nice toys, Forrest. (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
1st RV in 2012

Then This set-up

But I originally wanted a truck camper so got into to this

Early last year I upgraded/This place had Bear Signs 🐻

& most importantly I'm using it this very moment as the wife & I took off down to the rio grand valley to seek the warmth for the next few months.. Snowbirds? I can't believe it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow ha ha A neighbor rver said they closed down the school for a few hours when it dipped to into the 40's Ha!

·
Registered
Kubota G1900 mod to G1900s
19 Posts
what do you use with 3 phase?

Now we have this; it's Canadian with 110V Aircon. I renovated the interior and remade the plumbing for permanent hookup.
And built the shelter for it of course.

View attachment 2487266

View attachment 2487267

I ran water, power [3-phase!] from the house. Sewer pipe had to go uphill so there's a pump tank buried below the trailer.

To dig the utility ditch, I made a trench bucket for my tractor.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
We have gone from a tent to a popup them a class c back to a tent now looking for a bumper hitch. It has been one strange pattern of camping and traveling needs.
I would go back to a Class A or C but having a single purpose vehicle sitting around is not appealing. High cost of fuel parked the last one when it got over $2 per gallon. The tent was alright if the weather cooperates. Not such a great thing in the winter time at least the popup had a furnace. We out grew the popup. Two adults and five kids everyone was in the way.
Just the two of us now.
That gets us to the bumper hitch conclusion. No need to tow another vehicle to get around. Can pull it with anything setting here with a hitch. Can unhook and run for a day or to and use it a base camp.
Last 10 years we have just used motel and hotels. But getting tired of medical equipment setup and disassembly then drag it out to the vehicle ever day. Gets old, time consuming and really limits where we can stop for the night
We are not looking for anything big. Not planning on living in it. But don't want to go to small either.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
what do you use with 3 phase?
Noting in the camper; but I have a 3-phase service for some machines I have.
We pay a high standing charge for potential, so although I have 380V 3-phase power, I'm a little tight on amps.
The camper has electric water cooker, electric water heater, a toaster, and electric heat. distributing the load is good.
But whenever I run an underground cable, I run a 3-phase one because you never know when it might be useful.

·
Registered
Kubota G1900 mod to G1900s
19 Posts
Noting in the camper; but I have a 3-phase service for some machines I have.
We pay a high standing charge for potential, so although I have 380V 3-phase power, I'm a little tight on amps.
The camper has electric water cooker, electric water heater, a toaster, and electric heat. distributing the load is good.
But whenever I run an underground cable, I run a 3-phase one because you never know when it might be useful.
you are of man of good resource, and materially.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts