My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,322 Posts
Here's mine.

Got a good deal but had to repair slide out floor due to water damage.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,065 Posts
A long time ago we started with a Trojan mini. Kept it for five years, sold it and bought a wood-framed Holiday Rambler 25' trailer. Beautiful, but very heavy. I can't find pictures of it right now. Wife loved them at first but soon became tired of all the work with two very young kids on board.

Ellen.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
We've had four since 2003 - started with a pop-up, had two travel trailers, and have had this 5th wheel since 2016. This pic is from one of our favorite places - Letchworth State Park in western NY.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I been RVing my entire life, and have 2 rigs currently

2019 Mallard M33 36'
1987 Mallard 27SB 29' P30 Chassis 454 with Gale Banks

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I built one from the frame up. 7 meters long, 7 tons, I did a turbo-diesel conversion. Separate 900cc diesel engine for the aircon. Webasto diesel heater. Front electric winch. Rear motorized motorbike lift.

Had to sell it, got 20% of the build cost.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
While I still owned the one above, I bought this old girl in Holland to travel in Europe. 1979 Mercedes 508D, a real lead sled with 3.8 diesel motor.
7 meters long, simple bike rack for my 650 Honda.
We lived in it on the beach for months. Only bums and millionaires get to live on the beach.
Sold it off cheap because we were in Portugal and the reg was Netherlands.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Now we have this; it's Canadian with 110V Aircon. I renovated the interior and remade the plumbing for permanent hookup.
And built the shelter for it of course.

I ran water, power [3-phase!] from the house. Sewer pipe had to go uphill so there's a pump tank buried below the trailer.

To dig the utility ditch, I made a trench bucket for my tractor.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,711 Posts
We've been camping in one form or another for 46+ years. Worked our way up, you might say:

Started out packing in with a tent, went to a tent trailer, then a camper for my little import pickup (this is a real "camper", meaning slide-in; I know some parts of the country call a bumper-pull trailer a 'camper'), then my Dad got himself a motorhome and let us use it; later we had a 19' Winnebago "crackerbox" motorhome that I got for a song and rehabbed; later we moved full-time to the meadow above the house we were building, and to use for full-timing while we were building, we got what could be kindly called the 'crap-on-wheels' motorhome; which made us swear off motorhomes forever. Then a number of ups and downs in travel trailers, finally finding quality in an Arctic Fox that we owned for more than a dozen years.

Now we have our last trailer, an Airstream. We've wanted to own one, all our lives. Finally we just looked at each other and chuckled, "It doesn't do anybody any good to die with money in the bank!"

"Live, Laugh, Love" waits quietly in the upper meadow for my wife's health to improve so we can go camping again.

And well, of course since this is an RV thread, you just gotta have a dog picture, right?

Here's Dara, 'denning' in her favorite spot.

·
Super Moderator
12,312 Posts
My 1980 Power Wagon that I bought new. We did a lot of camping in New England, on the beach, and made a one time trip to Old Quebec, Canada. We were young, so the 8ft. camper was plenty for us. The PW (unfortunately), and camper are both long gone.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,065 Posts
Mark, you build some cool and unique stuff.

Steamguy, that Airstream will outlive all of us.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My 2 boys and I started 20 years ago in a tent, then a 23’ Nomad bumper pull.. then once the missus and I hooked up we moved up to a 27’ since we were now 5, I have a step son also.. In 2013 I bought a bigger truck so the first thing SWMBO asked was can we get a bigger camper. We found our way into a 38’ Cougar fifth wheel toy hauler. That purchase actually gave me the leverage to build my shop since we wanted to protect it..:LOL:.. my wife and I have been from Acadia National Park down to Harpers Ferry with the motorcycle loaded, but mostly we spend two weeks up at Lake Winnipeasakee in NH. We all go for one week, the older boys get there own spot to camp with their Girlfriends.. then my two older boys and I spend a week up there with our bikes, and my 16 yr old will join us once he’s riding also.
We’re already planning for next year..
B5C4A516-C919-4EC5-992D-475730F879FF.jpeg
538115DC-F708-4663-8982-6173E2F96427.jpeg
556B424B-BC6F-46CA-A47D-37DB70B83BD3.jpeg

Reactions: M*MoJo and lt230s

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,322 Posts
My 2 boys and I started 20 years ago in a tent, then a 23’ Nomad bumper pull.. then once the missus and I hooked up we moved up to a 27’ since we were now 5, I have a step son also.. In 2013 I bought a bigger truck so the first thing SWMBO asked was can we get a bigger camper. We found our way into a 38’ Cougar fifth wheel toy hauler. That purchase actually gave me the leverage to build my shop since we wanted to protect it..:LOL:.. my wife and I have been from Acadia National Park down to Harpers Ferry with the motorcycle loaded, but mostly we spend two weeks up at Lake Winnipeasakee in NH. We all go for one week, the older boys get there own spot to camp with their Girlfriends.. then my two older boys and I spend a week up there with our bikes, and my 16 yr old will join us once he’s riding also.
We’re already planning for next year.. View attachment 2487374 View attachment 2487375 View attachment 2487376
Love the camper storage! Got room for a 33' tow behind?

Reactions: APinNY
1 - 20 of 26 Posts