My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I was able to reach an agreement with a gentleman on a Ridemaster that he has for sale.
It is about 230 miles away and when I told my wife I was interested in getting it she said " alright, roadtrip".

The tractor is an early model like the one we have with 18 inch drive wheels.
I want to fix it up so my sweety will have her own tractor and we can ride around together.

It has 3-attachments: A plow, a set of disc and a set of 6-cultivator tines.
I have a friend that has a Ridemaster without any attachments so he has already put dibs on the disc.
I'll keep the cultivator tines for this tractor and put the plow up for sale ( or trade ) to some one else that needs one.

This has the front "A" frame and all the parts for lifting front mounted attachments.
I'm probably going to put that whole lift package up for sale or trade also.

Here are the photos that he sent me.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Ridemaster "cart" is for riding around the show grounds while the two restored Ridemasters stay at our display setup.

We will drive both of the restored Ridemasters when they have the tractor parades.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
The Ridemaster "cart" is for riding around the show grounds while the two restored Ridemasters stay at our display setup.

We will drive both of the restored Ridemasters when they have the tractor parades.
Nice find and that tractor parade sounds like fun.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Nice find and it appears to be in very good condition.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Nice buy, Ray. Looks to be in great shape.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice find

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The curved tines are very graceful. Each looks like the scroll of a violin.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The curved tines are very graceful. Each looks like the scroll of a violin.
They are unique looking cultivator tines but I don't think they were actually made by Bolens for the Ridemaster.
I have this poster that shows all the attachments for the Ridemasters and these tines are not shown on it.
I think they were off some other cultivator that had a square tool bar like the Ridemaster does and someone mounted them on this tractor.

I'm going to keep them though because that just means no one else is likely to have a Ridemaster with the same attachment.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROAD TRIP :dancingpa

We are leaving here at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning and heading for Kankakee, Illinois to pick up our new Ridemaster around noon.
Then we are driving all the way across to the other side of Indiana to pick up a rear axle that has the 5.17-1 gears for the R/T tractor.

The old 59 is going to be humming down the road.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last weekend, we went down to Kankakee, Illinois to pick up our new Ridemaster.
From there we went over to New Castle, Indiana to get another rear axle for the R/T tractor.
All together we ran about 900 miles.

Here are some photos that my Sweety took of us loading the Ridemaster.
Turning it around and backing it up to the barn door.

Couple of photos of it sitting in the door way while I've gone to get the truck.

I have an old hand winch that bolts to the front of the bed and I'm using that to pull it up the ramps.

She is up on the bed and I have to swing the winch out of the way so the tractor can set back farther.

Concentrating on getting the tractor squared up to the front of the bed.

All loaded and I can still close the tailgate.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Ridemasters are so much fun to load!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very nice find, also nice tractor hauler... Is that the 59 one ton?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very nice find , looks like a ride master is not the easiest tractor to load.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice find , looks like a ride master is not the easiest tractor to load.
They do have their own special problems in loading.

#1- The front axle has a screw gear type of drive so it is very hard to make the front wheels move by hand.
That is why he has the front of the tractor strapped onto the hand cart to get the front wheels off the ground so we could move it into position for loading.
Once we got it in position, then the winch had plenty of power to over ride the resistance of the front wheels.

#2- With the "tricycle" wheel design you need to line up three ramps.

#3- The Ridemaster weighs 870 pounds and most of that weight is right on the front wheels.
So that center ramp has to be strong.

#4- This is more a problem with the truck than the tractor.
The bed of the truck is 3-foot off the ground so loading anything can be a challenge but the winch and ramps make it easy to load.

The ramps are 8-foot long and clip securely onto the tail gate so they wont slide off.
I made up this winch on a post that bolts to the front of the bed and it makes it real easy to bring something up the ramps.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
nice looking tractor and nice looking truck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts