My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfing another forum and they had a teaser picture of the replacement for the 2305. It will be re-numbered as will all the sub and compact tractors for Deere. I haven't talked to my salesman but it looks like they may have a green mower deck instead of the yellow decks. Different placement of the diesel fill cap to fender, foldable ROPS. Couldn't see much other than that.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I doubt my wife will let me trade for the new model but I may have some time to prime the pump, if it doesn't come out right at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was at the dealer today and he told me that it was an in-between tractor to fit between the X700 series and the 2305. He tried it at an expo and said it was going to be a big seller

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was at the dealer today and he told me that it was an in-between tractor to fit between the X700 series and the 2305.
Well,I guess we will have to wait and see just exactly what it is. It is supposedly still the 2305,just a completely new model with alot of things redone. Nothing was stated about it being a "between" anything.

Greg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do you have the link to get there, I am curious to see it.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Intriguing.

Could you guys provide a link to to the website where you're finding this info?

Thanks.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
is it just me or do those tires also look more ag style then construction style?? looks like a nice unit.. I hate the fuel tank up on the hood of the old units.....

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Those fenders remind me of the new Yanmar Cub Cadet SC2400. the tractor looks about the same size to me too, i.e. a bit smaller all-around than current 2305.

What do you guys think, is that the 200 cx loader, and the 260 backhoe, or new equipment?

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
A few of us here have been discussing this by pm, but I stopped by my dealer this week and what he offered was, green deck, folding ROPS, suspension seat, gas cap on fender, and that it will be a 1xxx number. There was also a hint at different model numbers with different options. October will be fun! :thThumbsU

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
A few of us here have been discussing this by pm, but I stopped by my dealer this week and what he offered was, green deck, folding ROPS, suspension seat, gas cap on fender, and that it will be a 1xxx number. There was also a hint at different model numbers with different options. October will be fun! :thThumbsU
I can't wait to see one up close.:trink39:

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
And I thought I would be happy with my x748 for the next 25 years. It will be interesting to see what John Deere came up with to make us all want to trade in what we already have.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
JDF,

Any sense of whether this unit is comparable in size to the 2305, or is it somewhat smaller as it appears to be in the photo and as the model number hints?

Also, is this definitely a replacement for the 2305, or a new model offered in parallel?

And I thought I would be happy with my x748 for the next 25 years. It will be interesting to see what John Deere came up with to make us all want to trade in what we already have.
No kidding!! This muddies the water for those of us about to purchase, too. If it was a replacement for the 2320/2520/2720, etc, it wouldn't matter to me. But if this is a new offering between X700 and 2210/2305, then I need to at least see the stats.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
So, nothing more on this? Anybody?

I was wondering about the model designation "1xxx" that JDF mentioned. I found this discussion on wikipedia:

Power ratings / model numbers

From the 2008 model range on the Engine horsepower will now be advertised in metric (ISO) per the International Organization for Standardization 97/68/EC standard for determining bare engine horsepower at rated engine power in the Model name.
The First digit will determine size,
The next Three will determine engine horsepower,
A new letter will be added (currently D, E, or M) to determine spec level.
R being a high spec machine (like the Premium series in the 6000 and 7000 series) the
M to denote a mid spec and
E/D to denote a low-spec ("value spec") (like the 03 and 05 series in the 6000 and 5000 respectively).
A sixth digit discribes special configurations (like "T" for Tracks on the 8RT series tractors)

Example

For example, the new 3032E Tractor will be a 3000 with 32 HP on engine. The E is low-spec. This tractor represents the 2007 year 3203 for its spec, not to be mistaken for the 3320 which has the same HP but more features more money. Over the next few years all Tractors will get this scheme. The issue is that Deere is using Engine HP in the Name, not PTO which is usually less.
From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Deere_Tractor

So, following this convention and assuming the new tractor will use the ubiquitous 24 hp Yanmar found in the 2210, 2305, 2320, and X74x units, I guess it would be a JD 1024 ?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Urban Tractor, the word is silence from John Deere. They are only giving a little piece of information at a time to their dealers. All I know is that this tractor is the 2305's replacement. I have asked questions about position control, tranny fan and filter and can not get any definitive answers from anyone at this time. I imagine that we will find out something very soon.:fing32:

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Urban Tractor, the word is silence from John Deere. They are only giving a little piece of information at a time to their dealers. All I know is that this tractor is the 2305's replacement. I have asked questions about position control, tranny fan and filter and can not get any definitive answers from anyone at this time. I imagine that we will find out something very soon.:fing32:
Okay, thanks JDF. Please keep us posted as you learn more -- sounds like you're a bit better plugged in than some of us who have no dealer connection yet.

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
While searching all over the internet for any information or pictures I can find on this new 2305 replacement, I found this picture and thought.... what the heck is this?! Not the replacement for the 2305 obviously, but interesting none the less.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
While searching all over the internet for any information or pictures I can find on this new 2305 replacement, I found this picture and thought.... what the heck is this?! Not the replacement for the 2305 obviously, but interesting none the less.

Yeah, that's the 20A, a narrow width tractor for orchards/vineyards. It has an articulating frame that makes it highly maneuverable. With a 20 hp air-cooled diesel engine. Built for JD by an italian tractor company whose name escapes me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts