My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decide to upgrade the tires on my X366SE, I install two Deestone R1 in the rear and I order two F2 Tri-Rib (Deestone also) for the front with new 8" rims, should arrive in a week.

Here's some pics for now. :D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks good. Are those 23 x 10.5 - 12?

Need to let us know how they work.:thThumbsU

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. Are those 23 x 10.5 - 12?

Need to let us know how they work.:thThumbsU
The smaller ones are 23"x8.50x12 (for sale BTW:fing32:)
The new ones are 26"x12x12 6ply

I had the chance to try them Friday, we add a good snowfall and defenitly more grip (traction) with the new ones. :thThumbsU

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new tires look great. Question, doesn't that raise the whole machine up a couple of inches, And what effect does that have on the deck height?
Yes it lift the tractor by about 2 inch, that why I have to change the front for bigger one too.

Of course I'll readjust the deck level this spring.:fing32:

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
There must be a nice margin of deck height adjustment on your machine. I know on mine it is adjustable from 1 to 3.5 inches. If I raised the machine up by 2 inches, that would make the adjustment from 3 to 5.5 inches...marginally too high for cutting grass.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Wow! That looks tough.:fing32: I would think you would notice the difference immediately (like you said). Did you/are you filling them?

Good thing you have that strong transaxle on the X366SE!:thThumbsU

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Looks good for sure! 6 ply, they should stand up even when with no air in them! :dunno:
Yeah they are hard to bend, I run them at 10 psi for now.

Wow! That looks tough.:fing32: I would think you would notice the difference immediately (like you said). Did you/are you filling them?

Good thing you have that strong transaxle on the X366SE!:thThumbsU
At first that was the plan to fill them, but I'm not so sure now, they have so much traction i think I'll use it like this for a while and see later if it need to be fill with liquid ballast.

Yeah, you don't put that kind of tires on a K46 :fing20:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Nice upgrade Steph. Looks great. :fing32:

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
989 Posts
The smaller ones are 23"x8.50x12 (for sale BTW:fing32:)
The new ones are 26"x12x12 6ply
I was looking for their mounted diameter in the specs and I cannot find it. Did you measure them by chance?

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,257 Posts
Stladrill, nice tires!!!! That X366SE is a beast!!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts