My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got the drive/traction belt and the couple of pulleys replaced on the 345. Worked good, just cut about 3 acres...2/3 of it 3-week old drought stricken bahia...it's 5:55pm, heat index of 103*. I'm soaked with sweat...have I ever told ya'll it was HOT!!!!???

Anyhow, my 345 picked up a new problem just as I was finishing up.

A couple of times today it seemed to suddenly start choking down sounding like it was going to quit running but it a moment or two it'd pick back up and go on. Just about through cutting I stopped to move something out of my way. I left the mower running. As I was moving the object the mower suddenly cut off. Not much spitting and sputtering...just turned off, as I recall. I got back on and took a while before it'd crank. But, it wouldn't stay cranked unless I kept my foot on the brakes. If I took my foot off the brake it'd start to die...put the foot back on the brake and it'd level back out. Didn't have to press on the brakes hard, either...just hard enough to maybe activate a safety switch?

I'm hot, tired, and gotta get cleaned up for a 275 mile road trip that I'm not excited about so I haven't really tried to search for the answer...just hoping some kind person would help a cavern-headed guy out. ;)

Ed
....one cell at a time.

PS...as mentioned in the infamous traction belt thread, my seat kill-switch is disabled so that's not involved. Having said that, the CIA isn't going to take me to Carabein, er Carrabian, er, Guantonimo, tanimo?...aw shucks!...they ain't comin' to git me are they????:Stop:

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
Some seat switches require a jumper wire, others don't. After I washed my tractor last time it wouldn't run without the parking brake set. I thought I had got something wet, turned out I had knocked the jumper wire loose.

p.s. Don't ever unhook or disable any safety device! (Does that satisfy the lawyers?)

·
Banned
2 Posts
Some seat switches require a jumper wire, others don't. After I washed my tractor last time it wouldn't run without the parking brake set. I thought I had got something wet, turned out I had knocked the jumper wire loose.

p.s. Don't ever unhook or disable any safety device! (Does that satisfy the lawyers?)

lol :fing32:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I think however the seat switch was by passed a wire has worked loose. At least that's the first thing I would check. No doubt the tractor thinks no one is in the seat.

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
The seat switch is unrelated to the other switches including the RIO.

It shouldnt crank without stepping on the brake.

I would make sure your brake/neutral start switch is working OK. Its on your transaxle. But that would not make it die while running.

I think I would pull the rear fenders and make sure everything is as it should be.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Should start by rehooking all the Safety Switches, then start going thru the system to see what isn't working correctly! Something in the Interlok system is out of whack or unplugged sounds like!:drunkie:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts