My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOOOO-EEEE! I've been wanting one of these for a while. I bought bigger than I had really wanted, but, hey, isn't that the operative theme on MTF?

I got the JD model that is sold through Lowe's. I wanted one smaller, but the only smaller JD model was smaller than I wanted, and had the B&S engine, I wanted the Honda. Sooo..... I got the 3800 psi, 4 gal/min., 13 hp Honda model. I asked the sales person if they had one in the box, he looked and said, no this is the only one. So I asked if the listed price was as low as he could go, since it was a display (and had been there for several weeks, I've been watching). He offered me 10% off, so I said yes. When he got everything together, the tips were missing. I said, since it was incomplete, how about a bit more off the price? So he gave me another 5% and rummaged around in the desk at the register and came up with a detergent tip and a 0 degree tip. That's $150 off a $1000 washer, I was satisfied. I went to Northern Equip (about two blocks down the street) and bought the other three tips for $25.

I tried out the red tip (0 degree); dang, you could cut trees down with that one. The white one makes short work of the crud under my mower deck.

Now, everything within 3 blocks of my house is sparkling clean. I LOVE THIS THING!!:bannana:

·
Collector of many tractors
15,270 Posts
I get my washers from the junkyard for free... I got 4 so far and all work good... They dont look pretty but hay...

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
WOW, 13hp honda. That's a nice unit for sure. Mine has a 5hp honda and only 2500psi.
Nice machine. Keep everything clean now!

MU

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wish I had pictures, but it was quite a few years ago

It was about 7 years ago, I wanted a pressure washer to clean around the barn (we did horse boarding) and general cleanup, but didn't want to shell out the money.

I found a used pressure washer, forget the brand, semi-commercial, with a real good pump, but motor was sick. After it sitting in the garage for several weeks trying to find a suitable motor (expensive!!) I came up with this.

I found a used MTD? garden tractor, about 14hp...no deck, kinda rough shape visually, but ran good.

I mounted the belt-driven pump on the back by the hitch, ran a belt to the lever actuated (former) mower pulley. I could shut off the pump with this drive system and just drive...nice!! I then made racks and installed 2 hose reels, one with 100' of 1" rubber water line and one with 50" of high pressure hose. Also a place to put wand and tools.

I could drive around all the muddy places, that would be back-breaking to drag a pressure washer around, and with the quality water hose, could drag it around with out unhooking it.

I sold it a couple years ago when we moved, got around 1200 for it...by then it was all re-painted and looked sharp, almost like a factory piece of machinery (had much powder-coated)

but like I said...wish I had taken some pictures...maybe someone else has done this....or has mine that they want to sell back to me...

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Sounds like you're a shopping whiz, KHodges . You should be able to carve your name into things with that much pressure ! :goodl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts