My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and painted up my horse, it's just a rattle can job with International Harvester red from Tractor Supply. What do ya think??
Before:

After:

I've installed the mower deck also and boy does it cut nice! I'm really enjoying this little tractor. I need to paint the lights and get them back on and try to find a seat cover for it and paint the wheels also but it's coming along.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
i use rattle cans too. the 753 in my avatar was painted with em. yours looks very nice. it looks like you took your time and did a real nice job!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
624 Posts
:thThumbsU Good Job!-Enjoy!-AL

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, used her to cut the grass today, I haven't had that much fun doin yard work in a while! Did a nice job to considering it hasn't been cut in 2 weeks. It was gettin pretty shaggy.......lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
A new seat and a little rattle-can to those rims and she'll look brand new. Great job on the paint. Good luck!

Oh, and you washed her after cutting, right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't wash her off yet but I did take the air hose and blew her off real good so no grass was sittin all over everything. I will be painting the wheels before long. a new seat or at least a cover is in the future also.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was curious of that too. Mine is a '71 work horse 800 3-speed. Did they have different transmissions, or wheel horse had a larger motor maybe? Mine is an 8 hp tecumseh.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
214 Posts
Your Horse really looks good.:thanku:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tractor supply stuff worked really well, just sand and remove any bad chips an scratches it'll turn out nice. I noticed under my seat the metal was cracked around the mounting holes so later I will redo the fender after I get it welded and reinforced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts