My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks.

After 12 years of not owning a tractor (other than a lawn tractor), I now own another International.

Grew up driving 684's, 685's and a 3288. Now I'm gear jamming an old B414 - love the smell of that diesel. ;o)

Always open to any info anybody can provide and discussing stuff.

Grant

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vmax540 - good website.

I don't see anything on it for my B414 but maybe he has stuff I can use that's not posted.

:thThumbsU

Grant

·
Registered
299 Posts
"B414er" Do you have an operators manual for your tractor?. Also do you know when it was built?, post the serial no and i will let you know,!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"B414er" Do you have an operators manual for your tractor?. Also do you know when it was built?, post the serial no and i will let you know,!!
Yes, I bought a reproduction operator's manual off of Ebay. Lots of good info in it and explained some stuff I didn't know.

I don't know what year it was built and the serial number plate was missing when I bought it. I asked the previous owner but he had no clue.

I could get the engine serial number off of it - would you be able to tell me what year it was built from that? I have looked at it but haven't written it down.

I have some stuff to fix on it but it starts and runs well. It leaks a lot of hydraulic fluid for 1. It also leaks diesel at the lift pump and the injector pump - I have a full rebuild kit for the lift pump so that should solve it (just need some time to do it) and the injector pump isn't too bad so that can wait.

Is it possible to get a hydraulic pump rebuild kit somewhere? The thing works fine but it's leaking between the sections so I'm wondering if I can take it apart and replace the seals myself. Can you tell me what type it is (double chamber with power steering).

Any info/sources for it would be appreciated - from my experience, I doubt I can still get the parts from CaseIH. There has been quite a few parts I've looked up on their web page that says are still available but when I went to my local dealer they said they weren't.

Grant

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi again

Unfortunatly the engine s/no wont help as there are no reccords of these.

Parts details on steering pump att (never was a seal kit) seperate orings and seals used, if parts cannot be obtained i have also included details of a replacement pump from a supplier in Scotland

see their w eb site :- www,whp.co.uk. their part no is 5S2/39878IH for the pump IH p/no 3063 922 R93

What web page (Case IH) are you using that says parts are available ??

Sounds like you could do with a service manual, for these machines comes as two manuals, one covers tractor Chassis (Everything except engine) and a seperate engine manual. These are genuine IH manuals i can supply on CD rom in adobe acrobat, then you can view on computer and print off just the pages you need for a job !! Send me a private mail with your e mail address.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts