My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an old red mower 42 inch cut and no name on the hood or the mower. Tag under the seat says MTD model 13A0673G022 with 731544 under that number. S/N 1A309B80316 and several searches turned up nothing on it. I am needing a deck belt for it. Does anyone have anything on this model mower I see were other people are looking for manuals for this mower also. I need to tell you the engine is a B & S 14.5 twin with a 7 speed transaxle shifter on the fender and forward and reverse shifter between your legs. :madpc:

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I have an MTD so I'm familiar with their sit but you numbers come up with nothing, my guess is either you misread the numbers (easy to do on an old faded ID plate) or there are some numbers missing ?

I think they were misread or typed thats why I cant pull it up, but if you like you can call them and they can help you figure it out thats how they helped me.

Heres their support link : http://www.mtdparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContactUs_10101_19502_-1

sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
you might give these folks a call. they're a big mtd parts store here in KC. they might have some tricks for finding that model number.
AES lawn parts
www.lawnparts.com
800-843-3546 or 913-254-2600

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
The last three numbers of your model number inticate it was built for "Cotter & Company". I've never heard of them before.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Here is a picture of the plate.

Ok I don't know if this is the problem or not but I typed in 13AO673G022 and it brought up a 1999 tractor but it doesn't show a Tru-value or any 99 years at all ?

I would call MTD direct and have the look it up.

The one it showed was a style 3 hood and 7 speeds ?

And the one that came up has a two spindle 42" deck

Added some pix is this it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you have the right mower looks like the side plates were missing off of it. I started this mower at the first of spring be got side tracked onto another tractor my avatar.

I will look around those parts could still be here.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I think you have the right mower looks like the side plates were missing off of it. I started this mower at the first of spring be got side tracked onto another tractor my avatar.

I will look around those parts could still be here.
IF and this is IF ! It is the right mower then it would need V-belt #754-0371A

They may have superseded it with a new part number which they did with allot of parts.

But like I said it raised some doubts with me so I would call MTD and double check.

The number I used was the same you gave all I did was put the letter O after the A instead of a zero (0), I ran into that with mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I don't know if this is the problem or not but I typed in 13AO673G022 and it brought up a 1999 tractor but it doesn't show a Tru-value or any 99 years at all ?

I would call MTD direct and have the look it up.

The one it showed was a style 3 hood and 7 speeds ?

And the one that came up has a two spindle 42" deck

Added some pix is this it ?
Email from MTD said it is this model and here is the manuals if anyone wants them. Thanks for all your help.
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/...Ao673G022&serial_num=1&filename=770-10128.pdf

http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/...Ao673G022&serial_num=1&filename=770-10116.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts