Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Trying to find out what sort of snow thrower might mount on the front of the JD STX46 my grandfather left me. That Halloween slush-storm beat me up something aweful and having the tractor toss the snow would be GREAT!

Thanks,
Ian

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined! Good luck! All I can help with is, if it is a Black deck it will take a different Snow Blower than the Yellow deck STX's. The mounting points are different.
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Super Moderator
33,752 Posts
Well Dr. Bombay why not have Samantha just twitch her nose and make it dissappear? :ROF (not sure that was the reference you meant!)

You will find many sub-forums on here with topics from tractors to cooking! Look around and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for, enjoy the site!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Dr. Bombay why not have Samantha just twitch her nose and make it dissappear? :ROF (not sure that was the reference you meant!)
Easy with the :ROF Darren....or the other Darren...I mean PA318Guy. :trink39:

Looks like a lot of info on the site. Feeling like the STX might be hard to find a snow tosser for, but hopefully.

Thanks for the welcome!
Ian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update, I found a thrower. Got the model number, called up the Deere dealer. They thought that it was a slim chance that it fit, but they listed that a 2462M was the only unit that would fit the STX black deck-only. Now to figure out how to remove the mower deck and install the thrower.

·
Pie R Round
679 Posts
Calling Dr. Bombay! Calling Dr. Bombay, Emergency! Come right away!

Welcome to MTF, Ian! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Just out of curiosity, what part of NH are you from? I'm in Somersworth, and have yet to meet another member other than Brad, from IL!

Bill

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Somersworth, and have yet to meet another member other than Brad, from IL!

Bill
Bill --

I'm right down the hill in Dover. I'm liking the site so far. I've just got the pleasure of having a tractor that it seems is a lower budget model with only spotty documentation.
I did find out from the dealer today that I'm right that the 2462M thrower goes on an STX, BUT that the LX176 frame that is on it will probably not fit. They're getting back to me on Tuesday as to if there is some way to make it work. If they say that there isn't a prayer, then I may be into cutting and welding the attaching frame.
Looks like a heck of a thrower in your picture.

++Ian

·
Pie R Round
679 Posts
Hi Ian,

How about that, I'm originally from Dover, down on the point near Newick's. Been in Somersworth for about 20 years now. That's a 46" blower on my Craftsman, and it is a beast. I got to try the blade on my Cub in October for the first time. That will probably see use when the heavy, wet stuff comes along, as the blower doesn't care for that much. Best of luck with yours, but cutting and welding can be fun, too!

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.