i typed in the right answer

·
Registered
569 Posts
pm me pls?
its giving a hard time with the no spam question,
i typed in the right answer

Same here with the no spam question!!!!
Would of thought this would work, if you want people to join!!

Question:

Seems that every forum once it gets lots of users, they create other forums and then wonder why in a year membership has decreased on the old forum?

Why are you driving users away?

I like this forum, it has everything...

·
Banned
864 Posts
:ditto: no use here,i remember a wile ago there was a forum called mymowerforum
that just ended up with Big problems , so i think we should stick to the forum we'r on now and leave well enough alone

just my two cents

cap

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
I see that forum announcements werent enough. Now Verticalscope is spamming our email addresses with their "announcement". I suppose this will be with every new forum you guys purchase? Will you be sending commercial advertising to our mail boxes next?

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
Please double check your account permissions.
When you signed up you agreed to receive mail from the site. If you do not like this you are more then welcome to change the permissions on your account to NOT receive emails from the site. This will not be a common occurrence so I would not be worried about you getting spammed from us.

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
I see that forum announcements werent enough. Now Verticalscope is spamming our email addresses with their "announcement". I suppose this will be with every new forum you guys purchase? Will you be sending commercial advertising to our mail boxes next?
You can go to your UserCP and elect not to receive these e mails.

·
Administrator
21,561 Posts
What the heck? The folks at the Email Post Office messed up again. I didn't get one. Anybody get 2? You probably got mine if you did.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
Yeah, I got one. On my list of things that irk me, honestly, the announcement of a new forum opening up that's related to the one I'm already on is REALLY low on the list.

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
If it irks you then you may make it a priority to change your user settings to not receive mail from the site any longer.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
If it irks you then you may make it a priority to change your user settings to not receive mail from the site any longer.
I hope you didn't misunderstand me; I was trying to say that I didn't think the email was a big deal.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Meh.

I don't have time to get involved in another forum related to one I already frequent. I came to MTF when the old site self-destructed. When I got a notification that the old site was back up and running under new leadership, I checked it once or twice out of curiousity, then I gave it no more thought. I wouldn't have done that if I didn't have a history there.

If I have a lawnmower question (or a pressure washer, dish washer, or lock washer question for that matter), I post it to the appropriate forum on here, and I usually get the answer I need within a few minutes. Unless Verticalscope is planning to kill lawnmower discussions here (which would be a huge mistake IMHO) and force those topics to the new site, I don't see the need for a spin-off. Just like on TV, they're rarely as good as the original.

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts