My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Released a few days ago, this browser is set to replace the previous Edge browser. If anyone has downloaded it, please give us your impressions and whether or not you have had any issues using it on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
27,444 Posts
Al, I've actually been part of the beta testing program on this. I would recommend this to anyone that is using Edge or IE, this is chromium based and is very stable. I literally had no issues with it in beta, and when the site moved to Xenforo and others were having issues with Edge, I did not see any of those issues.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know, Tim. Have you used it on this site?

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I downloaded the new version. So far, I don't see much of a difference in form or speed, although they claim there is better security. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
The old edge didn't work with much of anything, the new is chromium with a ms face. It seems pepier but I haven't tried it with this forum. I have heard that it uses resources more efficiently than chrome.

·
Super Moderator
27,444 Posts
Dave, I was part of the "Beta" test group on it. Works much better than the original Edge with all sites that I tested it on. I didn't do a side by side with Google or FF but it seems as fast if not faster.

·
Banned
13 Posts
I want to try to use this browser for my online work. I often follow different apps, browsers and crm systems. For example, lately I checked EspoCRM and decided to use demo version for the first experience.

·
Super Moderator
27,444 Posts
I want to try to use this browser.

If you have Window 10 then it should be available to you. However, I'm not positive that Microsoft has released a Ukraine version so you may need to check with them.

·
Super Moderator
27,444 Posts
Started reading this thread hopping to see comparison, advice, between Google and Edge??
Walt Conner
Walt, I run Chrome, Edge, IE 11, and Firefox although IE 11 and FF have been pretty much shelved since new Chrome based version of Edge came out. Edge runs as quick as Google Chrome, has been trouble-free since I started testing it last year. Issues I had with old Edge are gone with the new version since MS dumped their code and are using Chromium base similar to Google Chrome. I don't use too many add-ins but the ones I do have run without issue. Normally, I will test any browser issue on MTF with all 4 browsers so I can let VS know if it is browser based or site based. There have been no browser based issues with new Edge. If something doesn't work right with Edge, I can replicate it exactly on Google Chrome and normally FF. IE 11 has issues now with rendering the site properly. Not sure what other comparison you would like to see but feel free to let me know and I can run it against all 4 browsers.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: Since I have been using Edge Chromium I have also had no issues with it. It loads pages faster now than I first noticed, except for on this site, which I believe is due to constant changes being made here.

·
3,291 Posts
On one of my 2 Windows 10 computers edge lost its ability to deal in any way with PDFs...think upgrading to this would solve it?..and if so how is it done?...a far cry from tractor related stuff...but...

·
Super Moderator
27,444 Posts
On one of my 2 Windows 10 computers edge lost its ability to deal in any way with PDFs...think upgrading to this would solve it?..and if so how is it done?...a far cry from tractor related stuff...but...
Mark, go here to get the new browser: Download New Microsoft Edge Browser Should fix any issues with PDF unless you have set the "Open With" incorrectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts