My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... this is my first post re: my gravely. I got an older 408 from a friend of mine cheap. It was not keeping a charge and you could run it for an hour and then shut it off, and it wouldn't start again. He actually attached a car's alternator to the tractor to give it some extra juice to the battery. (I guess AC vs. DC didn't make a difference to him!) This meant cutting and bending part of the hood to get it out of the way. I just got a new rectifier on it and it seems to be working now. Now to weld the hood back into one piece. Come the end of the season, I think I may take it apart and give it a spray of fresh paint. Then to see if I can find a new set of decals.

Anyone know where to find some info on if there are any attachments that will fit this? I know it is the baby of the four wheeled Gravely's, so I don't know what, if anything, will fit this. Any info would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Uh oh!

I think I have been re-bitten by the Gravely bug!

:Welcome1:
:wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Hey all... this is my first post re: my gravely. I got an older 408 from a friend of mine cheap. It was not keeping a charge and you could run it for an hour and then shut it off, and it wouldn't start again. I just got a new rectifier on it and it seems to be working now. Now to weld the hood back into one piece. Come the end of the season, I think I may take it apart and give it a spray of fresh paint. Then to see if I can find a new set of decals.

Anyone know where to find some info on if there are any attachments that will fit this? I know it is the baby of the four wheeled Gravely's, so I don't know what, if anything, will fit this. Any info would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Hi FarmerGeek,
How's your 408 going? If you need any info on it, check out this Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gravely408/

They have the info on the decals along with jpg files of each. They also have a full list of attachments that fit, but they are all unique to the 408 - nothing is interchangeable with the remainder of the Gravely line.

·
5000 posts and climbing
5,454 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts