My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi - have been reading the forum all summer but finally thought it'd be good to post here and there.

I have a Bolens 1250 that's pretty much immaculate - bought it a couple weeks ago from the original owner - got the big snowcaster and 48" mower deck....then I found a tiller and push blade. So the collection starts...

- matt

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome malcore, nice looking machine you got there and sounds like you got a good start on the attachment hunting, lots of Bolens fans here, so enjoy and keep us updated :fing32:.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Welcome, All I can say is I hope you have a lot of storage space. Collecting Bolens becomes a disease. I was given an 853 2 years ago, I now have 8 or 9 of them with 6 operational.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Even has the original seat cover! What a find! Welcome to MTF.

·
5,525 Posts
Welcome!

She looks in great shape.

Has it been repainted?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome to the Bolens gang and yes you are right that 1250 is pretty much immaculate.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome, That is a very nice and clean 1250 you have there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone asked about repainting - it's apparent that the hood was touched up and the front wheels were painted. I'd say that's about it...it's really in good shape...especially the tires, which look showroom new! Anyone know how to keep these tires in good shape (besides keeping them out of the sun, which I think is obvious).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Just keep them clean and out of the sun like you said and they will be fine.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your tractor looks beautiful nice find.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i can relate- i started out helping my brother restore a couple classic mustangs- well then i thought- i can do this! after about 4 years and about 10 grand- i ended up getting rid of it- then i got my gramps 1050- within a year or so i had 11 other bolens - and yeah- i had an extra garage and 2 rented storage units- but i will tell you what- it really helps make these looong wisconsin winters go by better- welcome aboard!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,204 Posts
:Welcome1: Matt, beautiful tractor you've got there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Malcore!
That is indeed a beauty of a 1250 you have there.
We'd like to see more pics of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts