2,779 Posts
Welcome to MTF, glad to have you here.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Hello, im from clear lake wisconsin Allis chalmers all the way
Hi There. :fing32:

Nice to see another Allis-Chalmers fan. :trink39:

I love my allis - he is a 'boy' tractor. You probably know how I know that. We have a good relationship. We talk to each other sometimes - in fact, most of the time when we work or play together. He is also my first tractor, and has taught me lots of stuff, and still does. Right now he is teaching me about fuel pumps, cos I have a small leak to deal with, unless it fixes itself.

I drove by a house on the way home today; the guy had 3 allis tractors in his front yard. Although one I didn't recognize; it was very small. One was very large also, looked like a 1940ish full size tractor in a beautiful shade of Orange. ;). The 3rd was a GT, circa late 60's, like a B10 or similar. They were all refurbed or restoed. And all lined up on his front yard for maximal appeal. I would like to talk to him sometime. I saw the big AC in a local parade. There's some kind of antique tractor club in the vicinity. Could be interesting. Now I know how to find them. I had this thought of parading my 716H - I figure that would be like seat time with fans, maybe even applause - can you imagine that? I might have to a bit more cleaning tho; just not sure. Mine looks pretty good from about 15 feet. And I want to use it without worrying about everything. This is supposed to be fun.

I remember when I first came to this forum; I posted an icon of a green tractor; and people took exception to that. Kinda joking, kinda serious. They liked this one tho.

:Welcome::MTF_wel2::Welcome1:

:Orange_tr :Orange_tr :Orange_tr :Orange_tr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just picked up another 716, a Hydro this time have not been home to use it yet but cant wait. Sold the johndeere that she was used to mowen with when im gone ( a LA 120 21-hp v-twin brigs) was a nice machine but built nothing like the good old ones. like yours looks nice, but could use some paint here and there i plan on totally repainting it. i repainted my 1939 B two winters ago so im do for another project like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts