My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
i'm not the only one here but i have a 87 and 89 Craftsman II 18 HP with that twin cylinder Briggs opposed horizontal engine, could probably give you a few pointers on them.

·
Registered
617 Posts
:Welcome1:
There's lots of knowledge here. Quite a bit is broader than a particular year or model, but it helps to include your specific model numbers (put 'em in your signature block and they will show automatically on every message you send!)

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Hey Bri..
Check out the Gilson 'snowblower' group on Yahoogroups. They 'talk' more than snow blowers up there. Couple real interesting people up in the NE area. The Gilson Snowblower website is also full of info on everything to do with Gilson, ie parts, specifications, problems, and solutions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - I'll check out the Gilson Snowblower group. I'm a fan of Yamaha Snowblowers -- search for them online and you'll find my forum on Nabble.

The Gilson mower is out of commission right now. The deck had two blades spinning in opposite directions - it was pretty much impossible to get new ones. I tried changing the pulleys around so I could use two blades that cut in the same direction. It worked - briefly. Now I have a drive belt and/or transmission issue. So it's parked indefinitely. It was a nice (free) tractor - but too many issues kept coming up. And the 38 inch deck wasn't enough for the amount of cutting I do. Also - it got stuck a lot in damp muddy grass - I'm hoping the craftsman with 23 inch tires will do better.

I posted some pictures of the Craftsman I got last week under the thread "my new 87 GT18". It's running great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome aboard........JerryB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts