My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I must have been bitten by a mosquito carrying a parasite that has turned me into a garden tractor fool! My father-in-law (who is 92 and lives in Alabama) gave me a Craftsman riding mower with the infamous Kohler Courage single piston engine. I took it our farm in West Virginia and within a few months, the Courage engine did what almost every Courage engine does...split the block. It sat for a year until I found a B&S engine on Craig's List. For completeness sake, I decided to rebuild the engine and it was during that process that the mosquito bit me. I now have that tractor as well as Cub Cadet 2166, 3184,3206,3240. I don't need any of them...which is where the "fool" comes in. To make things worse, I have discovered Tarryl Dactyl!!! I have "real" tractors on the farm, Kubota Grand L 4740 with FEL and back hoe, Kubota M95, Cat 277C skid steer. I've come here to find like-mined fools and to get ideas and suggestions. Hi from West Virginia.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hi James. If you came here to find like-minded fools you have hit the mother lode! Pretty much everyone here has more tractors than we "need". I myself have 4...and live on 1 acre. One mows, one was pushing dirt around until the hydro decided it really didn't like that much... the third one was the mower and brush hog, but lately doesn't seem to want to run, and the 4th one is in the process of being "freshened up". Oh yeah, you are in the right place!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts