My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New guy here. Wife and I just bought our first Cub. We purchased a house this spring in the country. 7.5 acres, and 2.5 mowed lawn. We have some rolling hills and plenty of trees. Kinda wondering if we should have went with a ZRT, but the tractor has been good to us.

2 hours into the new Cub: I did a thorough check over of the unit. Checked all grease fittings and air pressure. Adjusted the torsion springs for the deck lever. LOML thought the deck was heavy when lifting it up. I don't think the tension rods were adjusted. The oil was a little below the low line. I have no idea what type of oil they put in it. Anyone know? In order to prevent mixing oil types, I am going to drain it and put in regular 10-30w and re-use the filter. I am assuming regular car oil will be fine? I then will change the oil and filter again at the 10 hr break in interval. Couldn't believe how easy it was to remove the deck for inspection, grease, and cleaning. Very simple. Probably easier to remove it after mowing to clean the under side than it is to fiddle with water and the cleaning system.

Other than that, it mows nice and even. The dealer must have leveled the deck out good. Yes, I ran her before checking the oil and realizing it was low. No probs though, but I should have known better. Just excited I guess.

It is a huge step up from our 10 year old 42" Husky that I pulled out of storage. We put $150 into it hoping it would last the summer. Well the motor is holding well, but the frame was falling apart. LOML sheared off the deck pull that is attached to the vertical motor shaft.

Found a ton of good info on here so far. Looking forward to the new Cub.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome to MTF, glad to have you here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts