My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm new to the site and have a repair looming ahead of me..

I just blew the oil pan gasket on my L-120 and am looking for a copy of the service / repair manual on .pdf so that I can locate the torque specs and tightening sequence for the replacement of the block/pan.

I had a .pdf copy of it but my computer suffered an STD and it was lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Mark

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have the Technical manual on CD for this model and many others.I sent you a P.M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K. I've got the torque specs.

What Im not clear on is the placement of the governor shaft inside the oil galley. The is an actuator that drops down inside the block that somehow contacts the governor shaft. The actuator (I have no official name for it as I can't find it in the parts schematic) expands under power...my question..does it expand and encompas the lever on installation or is the lever along side the actuator on installation of the oil galley.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,172 Posts
new member am looking for the same thing would appreciate it if you can help me out
I'm not sure what of the above confuses you. Three posts above this one is the link to the complete repair manual with engines included. Did you also have a question on the governor shaft contacting the actuator lever arm?

Paul

·
mtf tractor collector
16 Posts
trying to get a hold of deeretek senior member # 40561 if you read this would you pm me asap
thanks

·
mtf tractor collector
16 Posts
yes it's bad do you have any cds on the john deere L120 or anything on it can't get a hold of deeretek to see what he has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have downloaded the manual, but I'm still not sure how the throttle & governor assembly is supposed to work, I had to remove my carb, I disconnected the link only, however I lost the original link from the governor arm to the throttle on the carb. I got a new one, hooked it up, and now none of the linkage works, I need to know how it is supposed to function so that I can fix it.

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,172 Posts
I have downloaded the manual, but I'm still not sure how the throttle & governor assembly is supposed to work, I had to remove my carb, I disconnected the link only, however I lost the original link from the governor arm to the throttle on the carb. I got a new one, hooked it up, and now none of the linkage works, I need to know how it is supposed to function so that I can fix it.
If you read through these two threads, you should get a clear picture of how it's connected together:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=177392
and
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=335921

If not, post back with questions. Let us know how you make out.

HTH,
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, for all the help, but all of this posting was for naught, I didn't catch the last post till now. I stopped by Home Depot and found a mower with the exact same setup, turns out all my confusion on this was my idiocy! It works as it is supposed to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking at the TM2026 manual, it appears that some of the connectors on my 2004 John Deere L120 are different than what is shown. I believe there is a later manual TM2185. Does anyone have that one?

·
Super Moderator
29,563 Posts
probably a serial number break with a minor change. it should be close though, I used that manual for my 2004 L130 many times.

the manual listed in our reference forum is all the site has, not sure about any members. JD won't let any other manuals be put up here, they are sticklers on copyright.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts