My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i just registerd recently and want to show my gt's.

MF/Snapper 1650 with 3PH and Rear PTO plow disc snow blower and mower

MF 85 with mower

I hope u like the Pic's and i was also wondering if u guy's know what the original muffler on my 85 would be, i bought it without one and so i put a screw in one in, but is vibrates guickly out. it has an 8hp briggs

If u need any info just ask and thanks for any help:thanku:

·
Registered
534 Posts
hi , i just registerd recently and want to show my gt's.

MF/Snapper 1650 with 3PH and Rear PTO plow disc snow blower and mower

MF 85 with mower

I hope u like the Pic's and i was also wondering if u guy's know what the original muffler on my 85 would be, i bought it without one and so i put a screw in one in, but is vibrates guickly out. it has an 8hp briggs

If u need any info just ask and thanks for any help:thanku:
Maybe it is it my putor, but why are your pics not showing?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/IMG]

[/IMG

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry if the pictures didn't work the first time.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Welcome to the forum, always glad to here from guys who like the older MF's. That 1650 looks to be a Snapper (red grill), makes no difference, they were all biult by Snapper, paint and decal was the only differences. If you're just wanting to keep the muffler from comeing loose on the B/S motor, put a lock nut on it. There is a special thin locking nut to fit the pipe thread for the exhaust, most any lawn mower repair shop should have them, some auto parts have small engine sections in the store and would have that lock nut.
I gave $152.50 for my 1650 MF w/ rear PTO & rear three point hitch and it had a new starter on it. Some of the best money I've ever spent! After a complete clean up & repaint, tires, seat & battery, it's now on it's 7th season of being my main yard work tractor. I did replace the hydro this spring and the carb. The hydro was why I got it so cheap, the rear driveshaft coupler was gone along with the input shaft splines. Those couplers can now be bought new, now I keep two in the top of my tool box, got a 1450 & an 1855 too and they all use that same coupler.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
when my grandpa died he had liked his 1650 since he bought it new in 78, so he bought my 1650 1 year before he died. he never got it running and my grandma wanted it gone so she gave it to me. with a little carb work it runs great!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Give her a little TLC, paint, and etc it'll last another 30 yrs! I put bigger tires on mine frt and rear(ags) and I sure liked the difference. Parked beside my 1450 with stock turf tires on it, some how the 1650 just looks better, at least to me. But I've always liked ags on a real GT. My next change to my tractor is going to be P/S or actually hydralic steering like the newer GT's use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i like the look of the massey's better so when i paint it i'll buy a decal set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts