My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Dunlap, TN and have a Ford 4000 that has treated me well for a few years now. I have been using starter fluid to get it started, not knowing better, and it ended up having an battery cable get bare and short out. After draining the water seperators I have been unable to get it started again. I have the service manual and have tried following it to bleed the fuel lines but no luck. I get diesel to the injectors but it just won't fire up. At this point I would like to find someone in the southeast who knows these tractors and would get it right. If you know anyone anywhere nearby let me know and I will load it up. I will also post this in the Ford section if thats a problem let me know.
Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Tyler. Glad to have you here. Sorry to hear about your troubles with your Ford.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
That engine should not need ether to start. To help bleed the fuel system, you can run it on WD40 by removing the air intake hose on the manifold and using the WD as a fuel. Much cheaper and easier than ruining the starter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.