My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Louisiana...waiting on the next natural disaster....
Anyway I have a 2004 Craftsman 4000 DYT that wont start...It will turn over, has a new starter, new plug, but wont fire...Happened out of the blue, started, cut fine, then next day it just started spinning... I only let it spin for about 5 sec max for fear of burning out starter... Briggs 18.5 with around 300 hrs...

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Welcome to MTF Steven ..

I'm going to move this thread over to the Sears/Craftsman forum .. I'm sure someone there will gladly help you out

·
Banned
2 Posts
try it again some times the gas gas seps back down the line ..Put the choke it should at least kick ...If not your carb my have some crap bult up in one of the ports in the ..Clean the carb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I cleaned, to best of my ability, took it off, but not a complete breakdown, washed with gas, blew with air hose, replace and even put in a 3rd plug, just to be sure..... spins good, but no fire...getting gas at least to the carb, I pulled the line to make sure...carb is easy to get too, so I will try to reclean unless I need to try something else...was gonna try to cut the jungle before Bonnie hit, but that wont happen......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts