My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I joined this forum to learn more about Jacobsen golf tractors. I didn't see a specific group but may attach to the Jake garden tractor guys.
I farmed 20 years and worked in Ag dealerships. I never got tractors out of my system.
I've had several Farmall Cubs and 8N/9N Fords in the past 10 years. They are small and easy to work on but now I am embracing the unusual Jacobsen/Worthington golf tractors.
I have a 1961 G10 and just bought a G6 with the Continental engine.
My question so far is: what color should a G6 be? It appears that the base color is orange. Is that right?
Thanks in advance for the knowledge available on the forum.
SteveC49

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
Can't really help you, but guys that know will be along soon that can answer your questions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that was a fast response!
I've sort of watched the 8N industrial powered Worthingtons and even bid on a couple. My G10 Jake has a Ford OHV and I believe it is a 1961.
  • Where does the G6 with Continental fit in the production years?
  • Was it built between the Ford flathead and the Ford OHV versions?
  • or as a separate model during the same time?
  • or before the Ford flathead version?
There was a G6 with a Chevy V8 on Craigslist a couple weeks ago-the guy was trying to sell it as a street rod.
I'm attaching a photo of my G10 before I got the hood on it.
Thanks,
SteveC

Attachments

·
10,749 Posts
G6 was late 40's into early 60's from what I have read. Late 50's saw the switch to the Continental.
(above info is subject to verification and correction from someone more intelligent than I)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts