My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Al
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site when searching for Ingersoll parts. Having a hard time finding parts for 1989 Ingersoll 6018. Tractor has front end loader and backhoe, both worked great, but tractor moved very slow in forward/reverse. Pulled pump and determined that main pump section (tandem pump) has cracked wear plate. Believe I need ING-C32955 kit to repair, or a replacement pump. Here's a pic of my pump before break down. DSC01055.JPG

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Welcome to MTF Al .. I moved you thread to the Case/Ingersoll forum ..

I'm sure one of our good members here can steer you in the rite direction for parts :fing32::goodl:

·
Al
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Brain for the info on parts! Might be contacting you soon, but want to play with it a bit more first. Trying to learn all this hydraulic stuff as I go. MTF has some great info I see, thanks to everyone for sharing!!! I've made myself a drawing to help understand the flow of things and I'm not sure it's 100% correct. If you happen to see any errors with it, please straighten me out. I kinda took a guess at how the fluid flows throughout the system and may have missed something. The relief valve kinda threw me, thought it would have been in line with the main pump section. But as I see it, it's only in the second pump section, paralleled across the steering/loader controls. Tandem pump makes things alot more difficult to me. Ingersoll 6018 Hydraulic Routing.jpg

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
There is a 'how it works' manual available from Ingersoll. I recommend you contact Brian and order it. That will help immensely.

There is more than one relief valve on your tractor. If it is similar to earlier 6xx series, 4xx and 4xxx as well as the small wheel versions, it is in the travel valve. Actually 'they' are in the travel control valve, one for the belly lift(and 3pt if you have one) and one for the main drive circuit. There will also be a relief in the rear PTO valve if you add or have one.

·
Al
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, time for an update. If anyone has the same pump as pictured above, the part # is HD25AA2A14A, manufactured by Parker Hydraulics. It’s a fixed displacement gear pump, and is listed in Catalog HY09-D/H/HD/US (very good info in this catalog). Being a tandem pump, it’s actually a “D” Series and “H” Series pump put together. The “D” Series is the smaller portion (D14) and the “H” Series is the larger portion (H25) and the side that was bad in mine. Parker makes an “H” Series pump (part # H25AA2A) same size (25 = 2.52 gals per 1000 rpm) and a quick search on eBay landed me a brand new one for $88. Not being a tandem pump, some modification was required. But all in all, the parts are interchangeable. The only real difference in these pumps is the back housing. I removed the back housing from the new pump, switched out the main shaft reusing my old one (original shaft is longer because it drives the 2nd pump), and put everything back together. Here are a few pictures:
Old Pump 2.JPG
Here’s the old pump torn apart. Notice broken seals/wear plate.
Old Pump - New Pump 1.JPG
Original pump is in the background, new pump has red shaft protector.
Old Pump - New Pump 4.JPG
Old pump on left, new on right. Notice difference in top shafts, left one is longer and has groove to drive 2nd pump, right one (new one) does not.
Old Pump - New Pump 5.JPG
Here’s a better look at the differences in the 2 shafts. You can also see the piece missing out of the old pumps (on left ) wear plate. Luckily the piece was still laying there and didn’t find its way into the gears.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If I understand this correctly, you had a bad section on a dual pump and found a new pump identical to that bad section. You used the new parts to rebuild your old pump. WOW, that is too cool. You are the Man ....

:thThumbsU:trink39:

·
Al
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys! I still haven't gotten to test it yet, waiting on 2 hoses to be made, guys at the shop are backed up for a day or two. Can't wait to see if it's fixed. RestMyCase, you're right on the money. Just hope it works as planned. Give me a couple days and I'll post back with results.

On a side note, anyone know where the rear diff fluid level plug is on these things? I've found the drain plug, but not the fill plug. Parts diagram seems to show it on the rear, but with a backhoe on it, it looks like I have to take lots of parts off just to check the oil level. And not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to open any parts illustrations on the Ingersoll web site.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
You have to click on the X's on the green and red bars to get them to open. After that, it's pretty much the same as the old site. I've been there a few times today and had no problems.

And your fill plug IS on the back of the trans-axle so you may have drop the hoe off to get at it.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
Look carefully at the bolts which hold the back sheet metal panel on behind the seat ... the one with the fuel gauge opening on it.

I don't recall if the loader metal is the same, but on the GTs the bolt on the RH side goes straight through in to the axle case.

This is a handy alternative fill port vs. removing everything on the back of the tractor ... but don't leave the bolt out or you get water in the axle.

Hope that one is the same for you ... good luck and looks like a great rebuild accomplishment there.

Brian

·
Al
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ingersoll 6018 Tandem Hydraulic Pump

And the verdict is, it worked!!! Installed the new hoses, added some oil and it moves much much faster now, like I believe it should. Haven't checked the rear diff fluid level, but that's next. Hope you're right about the pass through bolt Brian, thanks for that info. Added some paint to it while I was waiting on parts, still got a ways to go. DSC01089.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts