My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. just cam across this site in the hope i could pick some brain cells lol. just bought a Wizard 1292.
looking for any information on this.

·
Kioti SCUT
427 Posts
Welcome

MTF has many Wizard posts at: Wizard

What part of the U.K. are you in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought this wizard to help me with my beekeeping. no cutter but starts first turn of the key, drive belt is very slack but i cant find any info on this. all i know its a wizard 1292 and that's on the lid. my idea is to get it up and running to go across the field pulling small trailer with hives in instead of using the car. if any one can point me in the wright direction regarding info, manuals or suppliers i would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you need a manual, try this link, it has a downloadable manual. It might give you some information for parts etc.

I am not sure, but a search for Wizard 1292 some of the results seem to point to this being one of the AYP manufactured models....but I could be wrong.

Looks like a real nice machine!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ill go and have a look at what they say, only problem it seems to have is no drive, back diff rotates and engine runs so i think the main belt is stretched.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
With the engine off, if you put it in gear, and turn the transmission pulley on top of the transmission by hand, the wheel should turn. You might want to check this just to be sure the transmission will work in all gears when the proper belt tension is achieved.

This might be a Peerless 205 455C transmission. 5 forward and 1 reverse. In case you need to replace, I believe that Sears used these as did AYP. Parts and used are probably available.

I am hoping it is a bad belt or one of the plastic idler pulleys has let go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the engine off, if you put it in gear, and turn the transmission pulley on top of the transmission by hand, the wheel should turn. You might want to check this just to be sure the transmission will work in all gears when the proper belt tension is achieved.

This might be a Peerless 205 455C transmission. 5 forward and 1 reverse. In case you need to replace, I believe that Sears used these as did AYP. Parts and used are probably available.

I am hoping it is a bad belt or one of the plastic idler pulleys has let go.
Thanks for the info, i have not been well since picking it up but as soon as i get back on my feet and i get a dry day i will take some panels off and have look at the parts you mentioned. will get back to you with some more info

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update to my Wizard.
with it being a nice day i decided to have a look and try and work out what was happening.
Looked under side to check the pulleys as suggested. engaged the drive pedal and with the gear box in neutral i could turn all pulleys by hand and the belt was nice a tight.
so next stage to fire up engine and have a look, while engine had a problem with full revs it was running at half revs. I noticed the back tyres slightly trying to move around. so seems as if it wanted to drive. ok put it into 1st gear and it stalled the engine.
so i had a look at throttle linkage, seems to only allow it half movement so i disconnected it and started engine and now it revs to full. put it in gear and same thing stalls the engine.
the back diff can turn by hand all away around so nothing binding up.
any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,684 Posts
Something sounds wrong with this...if the belt is engaged and tight .....the pulleys should not be turning easily are the rear wheels also turning?...if not that kind of narrows down the search area.....any possibility there is a parking break engaged...also...lift the tractor so both rear wheels are off the ground...then spin one of the rear tires....or as you call them ...tyres ;)....as you spin one...the other should spin in he opposite direction...try that and get back and let us know what goes on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Something sounds wrong with this...if the belt is engaged and tight .....the pulleys should not be turning easily are the rear wheels also turning?...if not that kind of narrows down the search area.....any possibility there is a parking break engaged...also...lift the tractor so both rear wheels are off the ground...then spin one of the rear tires....or as you call them ...tyres ;)....as you spin one...the other should spin in he opposite direction...try that and get back and let us know what goes on
That's what iv done, back wheals are of ground. pulleys are free and you can rotate engine and belt moves right through to the back pully freely. this is with the parking break off. if i turn parking break on the no you cant move the belt. might of been me not expanding this properly.

·
Super Moderator
8,684 Posts
Whilst underneath.....can you reach up and operate the clutch pedal....and observe the linkage moving? ..one of the pulleys should be held in place by a spring, when clutch is depressed...that pulley should move and take tension off the belt...do you see that occurring?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whilst underneath.....can you reach up and operate the clutch pedal....and observe the linkage moving? ..one of the pulleys should be held in place by a spring, when clutch is depressed...that pulley should move and take tension off the belt...do you see that occurring?
Yes i have done that and clutch pedal and spring move freely and work as they should. so when pressing the clutch the engine runs fine and you can slip the clutch but if you try and release the peddle which should give it full drive it stalls the engine. all pulleys are free and working as they should.

·
Super Moderator
8,684 Posts
Did you try running the engine with rear tires off the ground and putting it into gear?.....Can you find your way to the governor on the engine and see if any springs are loose or detached.
Rather than put it into gear....see what happens if you engage the PTO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you try running the engine with rear tires off the ground and putting it into gear?.....Can you find your way to the governor on the engine and see if any springs are loose or detached.
Rather than put it into gear....see what happens if you engage the PTO
The PTO is not connected. ill have a look at the governor and see if its working. as for running with the wheals off the ground then yes that's what i have done. this is when i noticed that in neutral the wheals were twitching as if they wanted to turn. when i release the tension on the peddle which tightens up the drive belt to drive the back pully that the engine drops revs and stalls
Looking at the drive side of every thing it all seems fine and tensioners work ok, belt runs ok, and lever work ok. when put in gear and slowly release foot pedal and in gear that's when it stalls the engine no matter what revs its running at. I did wonder about compression of the engine but it start easy with no problems.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts