My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just joined this site in search for more information on a tractor I just purchased.

I live just southeast of Pittsburgh, PA.

I purchased an older model Craftsman, model 917.255912, 18hp twin with 6-speed hi/low gear box. The tractor is completely rust free and runs good, but has a few issues I need to work out so that's why I'm here.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
, nice to have you aboard here with us and once you are able, post your questions here in the craftsman forum and the guys will do all they can to try and get these issues resolved :fing32:.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

I was going to ask, do they even have grass in Da Burgh? :)

45 mins South East of Da Burgh!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm about an hour north east of Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to put up some pictures today.

We have plenty of grass here, but I didn't buy the tractor for that. I bought it for snow removal. It came with weights, chains, and a plow as well.

Brett, you're in Greensburg? I'm in North Huntingdon, actually heading out to Sears in greensburg in a little while here for some stuff for the tractor.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the tractor. Sounds like a good 'un. Do you have a plow or snowblower for it, or is that what you're going to Sears to buy ? No matter which you have / get, I'd recommend getting a cab of some sort. :goodl:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see more Sears Guys!!! When you do get pictures we'd love to see 'em!!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Real nice machine! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Nice looking machine, very clean! Up in Titusville!
I am in Kane!! I went through titusville on tuesday when I got my MTD. I used to live in warren Where the Kinzua *** is, (On the allegehey) For flood control. pittsburg is a very nice place. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am in Kane!! I went through titusville on tuesday when I got my MTD. I used to live in warren Where the Kinzua *** is, (On the allegehey) For flood control. pittsburg is a very nice place. Glad to have you.
Small world, I have a camp in Lantz Corners. :) I either go to Kane or Mt Jewett for supplies when I'm there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
very nice for the year, i have a 87 and 89 Sears Craftsman II that look like that but are not that nice. plow looks like the smaller one with a different setup then what i have on mine.
I'm not too far from you, over here in Indiana County about 30 miles from Greensburg. one of issues these machines have is picking up crud in carb and it will cause a lean condition or starving for fuel so watch for that.
you can PM me with questions on these, they are a good machine that will take a lot of use, don't be afraid to put weights on it they will take it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts