My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i just bought a Ranch King 11hp riding mower from a neighbor and came across this site trying to find information.

Looking forward to talking with you all

Jason

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Jason, nice to have you aboard here and congrats on your acquisition, hope it serves you well :fing32:.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Hello all, i just bought a Ranch King 11hp riding mower from a neighbor and came across this site trying to find information.

Looking forward to talking with you all

Jason
:MTF_wel2: glad to have you here from a fellow Michigander with a Ranch King also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm looking to find my manual on their site (posted in the sticky on this forum). The only numbers i can find on the back are: 136-668-205 E286B

Does that ring a bell to anyone? I think this is a 84 -86 Ranch King... but i can't find much information on it.

Thanks!

Jason

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Thanks! I'm looking to find my manual on their site (posted in the sticky on this forum). The only numbers i can find on the back are: 136-668-205 E286B

Does that ring a bell to anyone? I think this is a 84 -86 Ranch King... but i can't find much information on it.

Thanks!

Jason
Hey Jason

I'm not sure which manual you have but i'm sure we can figure it out, the numbers you listed are not quite right there should be an 11 digit no. thats the model and an 11 digit serial no.

I can tell you buy the first # it's a 600 series just like mine, yours is a 688 mine is a 699.

There should be some letters in the model # somewhere like mine 134R699G205.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for that info! Unfortunately my sticker on the back doesn't look like that. It just has those number on it. I'll get out there and take a picture soon to show you.

In the mean time here's a picture of the tractor - maybe this will help identify it.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Wow ! Now that is one nice machine congratulations.

It may be an older model thats why the ID tag id different mine is also, but it looks like you have a 600 series with the type 8 hood and grill but I could be wrong is yours a hydro model or did I miss it ?

What parts did you need or did you just want the manuals for it ?

If you call MTD they can tell you what the part numbers for the manuals are and most are free PDF's, I downloaded the owners, illustrated parts, and engine manuals for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Right now i'm just looking for the manual to have just in case. I saw a direct link to download manuals but i'm not sure what model number to put in.

This says Transaxle on the back, no mention of anything else.

Thanks again for the help!

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Thanks! Right now i'm just looking for the manual to have just in case. I saw a direct link to download manuals but i'm not sure what model number to put in.

This says Transaxle on the back, no mention of anything else.

Thanks again for the help!
Hmmmmm ? I'm not sure what that means most do have a transaxle does it have speeds or is it a variable drive i.e. the shifter has a straight gate or one that has detents like 1-7 speeds ?

I be honest the best way to get what you want is to call MTD and ask them for all the info they have on it and even if you don't use them download everything they offer you will at some point use it.

Man that thing is clean wish it were mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts