My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an interest in small garden tractors for several years. Finally found my "project" and am looking forward to reaching out and learning from other like minded members.

1985 SearsMulti Purpose Tractor
Model No. 502.603160
16 H.P. Briggs and Stratton twin cylinder

Attachments

·
4,878 Posts
Hi Elliotbear and
to My Tractor Forum...that is cool looking tractor....but it looks like it is in pretty decent shape...I hope the project goes well

·
21,851 Posts
WELCOME from the Soo!!

Lots of good people here. Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WELCOME from the Soo!!

Lots of good people here. Enjoy the site!
I'm sure we will discussing where are the best LOCAL places to get parts for our projects...look forward to gaining more knowledge and ideas from the group members

·
Registered
141 Posts
IT looks a lot like the one I learned to mow on , just the other day I mowed over my old proving ground .

·
Administrator
12,399 Posts
I'm sure we will discussing where are the best LOCAL places to get parts for our projects...look forward to gaining more knowledge and ideas from the group members
That's a Murray built Sears tractor. Try finding a parts manual / diagrams for the machine, any B&S dealer can get the parts as B&S bought Murray some years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!!! Believe it or not, the owner still had the manual that came with the machine! It certainly helps a novice like myself understanding how the machine is put together

·
Administrator
12,399 Posts
Thanks!!! Believe it or not, the owner still had the manual that came with the machine! It certainly helps a novice like myself understanding how the machine is put together
That's a great thing to have, one less thing to worry about. I've worked on several Murrays over the years and they are really a nice, long lasting machines. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You think you can share manual with me? Just got the same tractor and want to change transmission fluid but no luck looking online...I figured maybe manual will have some information

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Welcome, well, never seen one of those!

Enjoy the site, great people, tons of information here.

CCMoe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You think you can share manual with me? Just got the same tractor and want to change transmission fluid but no luck looking online...I figured maybe manual will have some information
Hello,

For obvious reasons I am hesitant to let the manual out of my sight....sorry.... where are you located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

For obvious reasons I am hesitant to let the manual out of my sight....sorry.... where are you located?
[/QUO

toronto. But I just need info regarding tranny fluid maintenance. Do you have to change it or is it sealed etc
You can email me also a few photos if that’s ok

1 - 16 of 16 Posts