My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined MTF!!! I have visited this site over the years just to browse and read the interesting posts. I have now decided to take the step and purchase an old garden tractor as a project! I'm not branded yet, so there's still time to convince me which brand garden tractor I should buy!!! So far, I'm leaning towards a Case(44 series)... love those bigger rear tires. But also considering Cub Cadet as well as others. Any suggestions??? Ha!
I live in central PA with wife and kids on a small horse farm. Looking for a cool restoration project. One that would end with me having a great, reliable workhorse of a tractor that I could use around the property. Well, off to peruse the classifieds here and on the net to see what I can come up with...
Wish me luck! I need it.

·
Super Moderator
33,583 Posts
Amstaff, that is a very nice area of PA you live in (will be passing through there Monday or Tuesday next week) and I see a lot of JD's on the State College Craigslist ads. You might want to consider a JD 316 or 318 or even a 322 (Gas) or 332 (Diesel).

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
:Welcome: Good to have you. I hear PA. has lots of Cubs around. And John Deeres also.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see JDs everywhere, and tons of Cub Cadets too! Decisions, decisions! I actually looked at a couple of John Deeres (214, 318) the other day, Cub 104, and a Case 442. I really am all over the road. I'd better get it right, because if I know me, I will have a whole fleet of these things before I know it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick note to say how impressed I am with this forum! I've already been contacted by a member who is literally right up the road! This membership is really involved and knows their stuff. Looking forward to finding a GT so I can start a build thread!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the horse comment! Her name is Sophisticated Lass... we call her Sophie. She actually used to race, but is no longer competitive, so she is an expensive lawn ornament now! She is one of 9 my wife and I own. It just dawned upon me... 9 horses, and 0 garden tractors. That doesn't seem fair. I need to do something about that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.