My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tractor work has almost reached the level of therapy for me. After a day in the office, there seems to be no better way to unwind than doing tractor work in anticipation of hunting season.

I'm researching the New Holland T4000 models; John Deere 5065M; and Kubota M5040/M6040. I would rather pay more for quality and durability.... and would ideally like to find a "premium," well maintained, but used tractor with around 1500 hours or less and 50-60 PTO horsepower.

The local New Holland dealer does not have any T4000 models, but suggested the Workmaster 75.... it looks like a well built tractor, but it looked like that model didn't have a solid rear axle. The T4000 specs seem to indicate that a higher price would come with higher capacities.

Most dealers have a 5 year no interest payment plan, but I doubt whether buying a new tractor would be worth the extra cost, as opposed to paying cash for a well maintained, slightly used model.

Primary uses will be clipping, tillage, planting & spraying around 30-40 acres of winter & summer food plots in Mississippi with heavy soil in our Black Prarie region. I intend on using a John Deere Model WH 76 offset disc harrow, a current restoration project, as well as a category II chisel plow.

All comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome to MTF, glad to have you here. The JD's are really nice and if New Holland did not change the model #'s I would know which tractor is what. My cousin has a New Holland TC45D and it does every thing he asks and more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.