My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently purchased a brand new gc1725mb. From day one, once I got it home and started using it, after the hydraulic fluid gets fully up to temp I noticed a noise coming from under my left foot. I checked and it's coming from a hydraulic hose. When touching the hose it has some vibration to it.the hose runs from the steering column to the transmission. The noise is a whine sounding hydraulic noise. Same pitch throughout all rpm ranges.
I called the dealer about the issue and they told me it is an issue that they see in a small percentage of tractors they sell and that massey ferguson is working on a fix for it, but its completely safe to run as it is,that it has something to do with the pressure relief valve.

The noise is loud enough to hear over the tractor in use at 2800 rpms. My concern is that even though the dealer is telling me it's fine to run like that, that I may be doing damage to the pump or something else. Just seeing if anyone else has this issue. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lot of if not all new 1725 have the issue. PTO relief spring mod. to fix but mine now has PTO engagement issues. Been dealing with it since new and its currently at dealer for PTO clutch inspection. Not happy about it. Go to facebook and search for posts in group.
Massey Ferguson GC Sub Compact Tractors

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lot of if not all new 1725 have the issue. PTO relief spring mod. to fix but mine now has PTO engagement issues. Been dealing with it since new and its currently at dealer for PTO clutch inspection. Not happy about it. Go to facebook and search for posts in group.
Massey Ferguson GC Sub Compact Tractors
Hi, I had the same problem since new with my gc1723eb. Once I contacted the dealer they sent a service guy out the same day for the repair. I was told that for now the TSB says to trim the spring a certain amount. After the tech performed this task the tractor worked flawless. I'm very pleasant with the way I've been treated by my dealer with the purchase of the tractor. I would contact your dealer and ask for the repair to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I recently purchased a brand new gc1725mb. From day one, once I got it home and started using it, after the hydraulic fluid gets fully up to temp I noticed a noise coming from under my left foot. I checked and it's coming from a hydraulic hose. When touching the hose it has some vibration to it.the hose runs from the steering column to the transmission. The noise is a whine sounding hydraulic noise. Same pitch throughout all rpm ranges.
I called the dealer about the issue and they told me it is an issue that they see in a small percentage of tractors they sell and that massey ferguson is working on a fix for it, but its completely safe to run as it is,that it has something to do with the pressure relief valve.

The noise is loud enough to hear over the tractor in use at 2800 rpms. My concern is that even though the dealer is telling me it's fine to run like that, that I may be doing damage to the pump or something else. Just seeing if anyone else has this issue. Thank you
I was wondering if you ever had the noise fixed and if so, what was it? I have the exact sound from mine.

·
Super Moderator
23,119 Posts
I was wondering if you ever had the noise fixed and if so, what was it? I have the exact sound from mine.
Unfortunately, the OP posed his question 10 months ago then waited for week or two for a response to his problem. He hasn't posted or even been seen since.

·
Super Moderator
23,119 Posts
No update. Status for criticality unknown..

Reactions: LostMy65
1 - 7 of 7 Posts