My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone sourced side amber and rear red marker lights? I have been looking for them to complete my qt17 .any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
has anyone sourced side amber and rear red marker lights? I have been looking for them to complete my qt17 .any ideas? thanks
Scott,

I'm not familiar with the QT series, but if they use lighting anything like the Large Frames, trailer lights might be a solution. I used a trailer LED side marker for the rear light on my HT-23.

Vehicle Safety Light| LED Lights - Peterson Manufacturing Company V153KR is the one that looks like what I used. Came with the harness and the black piece to complete the mounting. Fit pretty well in place of the factory rear light (think it even used the same holes). A lot brighter and less current draw. It doesn't look factory; I didn't care because I was going for functional, but it might be a consideration if you're going for stock look. They have those available in amber as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here are the lights that I just received for my Simplicity Prestige. I plan to use them as tail lights. They each draw 1/8 of an amp. If you are looking for side markers, I thought the ones in the second link for my snow cab side markers. They might still happen as they draw so little power...

Optronics International > PRODUCTS > LED Lighting > LED Millennium Series > Products

Optronics International > PRODUCTS > LED Lighting > LED Millennium Series > Products

Really not very expensive either. I got mine on etrailer.com. You can sometimes find them on amazon, especially the regular series. (the regular series is just LEDs, these have the cool, newer looking "halo" lights in this "Millenium" series.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the lights in the first one were less than $12 each (plus shipping) and they do NOT come with the chrome bezels. Those were an additional $1.80 extra each.

·
1,739 Posts
Those look good.

Like krautwi I also found a set of Peterson lights, for the rear of my Shibaura. It has headlights but only reflectors in the rear; the V170s matched those real well, just slightly larger but OK to fit into the recess in the pan.

I'll do some posts on the install once I get there, waiting on one extra component...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my QT17 was also reflectors on the side but with the leds you have a very low wattage and no stress on the charging system so easy to light them up! I would have changed the driving lights as they do pull a lot of amps but i like the old style look of those lights....Scott

·
Registered
175 Posts
my QT17 was also reflectors on the side but with the leds you have a very low wattage and no stress on the charging system so easy to light them up! I would have changed the driving lights as they do pull a lot of amps but i like the old style look of those lights....Scott
The old ones do look nicer, but I've found that the sheer output of the LED headlights made it worth the swap. I took a quick look on Google and saw some LED lamps on Amazon that look like the original faceted design...not sure if they're any good or not. I see that the guy I bought mine from has the faceted face ones as well in a 60° flood pattern. If they're from the same manufacturer, which I suspect they are, I can vouch for them being well built. Low cost, however, they are not.

Here is how mine turned out:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The old ones do look nicer, but I've found that the sheer output of the LED headlights made it worth the swap. ...
Here is how mine turned out:
They look very good. What size are they, PAR 36?

I would like to replace the incandescent bulbs and some newer LEDs imitate the style of the old sealed beams.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They look very good. What size are they, PAR 36?

I would like to replace the incandescent bulbs and some newer LEDs imitate the style of the old sealed beams.
They are PAR36. I PMed you the link to fluted lens LED ones I found. Look to be the same back side as the ones I have, just different lens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts