My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
If I'd have known just how rare the Liberty machine was going to be, I'd have kept mine for sure!

·
Registered
373 Posts
You got rid of a Liberty?
Yes, when I was about 15 years old. I hit a stone with it and knocked a baseball sized hole thru the deck. I thought about getting another deck for it and having it painted white, but then I'd lose all the decals and stuff too.
I ended up hauling it to the junkyard with about 20 other Lawn-Boys in various states of disrepair. I even scrapped a 1956 model 5000 that had a cracked crankcase, but the whole machine was in nearly perfect shape. It was given to me by a co-worker when I worked at the Lawn-Boy dealer, and I couldn't round up any C engine blocks anywhere, so it went to the junkyard too. It's too bad sites like this weren't around back then, or I'd probably still have some of those oddball mowers.

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about it blowin' up but it's a machine and they break. It obviously wasn't taken care of judging by the condition of the piston. At least it's just a regular D-400 under there and it will rebuild.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about it blowin' up but it's a machine and they break. It obviously wasn't taken care of judging by the condition of the piston. At least it's just a regular D-400 under there and it will rebuild.
Yep, all machines break sometimes.....

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Sounds great Tgore.

Tell me about machines break down sometimes. Coil in my 22261 went early in the season and now the one on my 22260 went and the needle and seat. Looks like im working on that tomorrow

1 - 19 of 19 Posts