My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all! I am a happy new owner of a 2013 x540. I purchased the tractor with the brush guard and also the arm rests. I love the tractor. I have one small concern that I wanted your advice on.

My tractor starts fine. However, if I move the throttle up or down too fast the tractor will sputter or choke as if it is going to cut off. If I move the throttle lever slower it appears to be okay. It doesn't actually cut off. It does choke though. I took it to the dealer and they looked at it thinking they had it figured out. It is still doing the same thing. This tractor has less than 1 hour on it.

Should I simply put up with it or make a service call? Should I return it?

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
Mine does the same thing if I jam it up real fast, pretty sure that's normal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Call the dealer have them fix it.

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
I think that the newer tractors are made to run so lean for emissions reasons that they are always on the borderline of running too lean.

If the dealer has already tried to improve it, they admit that there's a problem, so I would keep on them.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
I think that's normal for a non fuel injected engine... I've got a 2010 and it does hesitate for a moment when you jam the throttle up fast (I guess that's what happens when you tell your 3 year old to throttle up so we can put the tractor away) but I always assumed that was normal until the engine catches back up. It never seems like it will die, it just has that moment and then revs up nicely.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
I thought you are always suppose to ride your tractor at WOT?.......My tractor I just choke it to start it and never touch the throttle...it's always all the way up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts