My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've arrived at purchase paralysis due to information overload, thanks to the internet, and specifically to tractor forums. I've spretty much settled on a JD - I've got a decent but very small dealer nearby for service, and I think that, more than anything else, seals the deal for me on JD. Unfortunately, the JD dealerships in northern NJ aren't like those in the midwest, with hundreds of used tractors on the lot available to try out, so my considerations are primarily from reading, rather than from actually trying out the various models.

I started my consideration with the X300 series, but due to everyone's input, I think I've worked my way up to the X500 series (although the X324 isn't entirely eliminated from consideration, mainly due to cost and manueverability considerations).
My yard (1.75 acres) is a combination of relatively flat / moderately pitched area with a few short but severe inclines that I don't think I can mow with ANY tractor - I'd love to eventually re-grade a couple of those areas. My Scotts 2046 regularly scalped the hills and cut lines in the inclines. There are lots of evergreen trees (those blue spruces do a number on both me and on the tractor)that drop pine cones and short needles everywhere, and I do use the tractor to pick up leaves, which I bag and put into compost bins. I'd love to be able to mulch, but I can't cut often enough to avoid clumping. I'm not a big fan of the Power Flow bagger, but if I'm looking at a 48" minimum deck, it's either that or something like a Cyclone Rake. Given my past experiences, what's important to me, in no particular order, are:
1. Quality of cut - I've heard a number of people complain about the X534 leaving ridges/lines, as the deck leans when turning. Anyone have any insights or experience with this that would make me shy away from AWS? I've heard the X500 steers VERY easily, even without the X540's power steering, so I think either of the 2WS tractors would be ok on that count.
2. Mulching capability / convenience - I assume no real difference between the models.
3. Quality / Durability of Transmission - (yeah, I know...there's always the X700 series...and don't try to talk me into a 2305 unless you've got a place for me to sleep, as my wife will kick me out!!) I do occasionally pull a dethatcher or plug aerator (likely part of the cause of my recent K51 trans burnout), so decent torque and adequate HP is important.
4. Agility - Can't quite figure out why the X534 is rated with a LARGER turning radius (27") than the other X500 series non AWS (22"), although the uncut grass spot is smaller. The dealer didn't know. Might have something to do with how they calculate it?

So the deal is this: I'm absolutely stretching/breaking my budget to move up from the X324 I was originally looking at to the X500 - trying to avoid that buyer's remorse everyone's warning about ("buy more than you think you need today"). The benefit to buying local? Ability to trade back in within 30 days if not happy, service, full warranty (with ability to extend years for extra $), etc. My local dealer has a $500-off sale, including the X500, that runs through end of tomorrow. I don't know how often they run these, and if they'll just roll out another "special deal" afterward or not...

I've looked through Deere's Machine Finder, and have located a number of low-use (under 150 hours, some under 100), 2007 and later X534s and X540s that I could buy for roughly the same price as I'd pay for an X324 or X500 locally. I've decided to not look at older models, so that I can at least get the some remaining transferable warranty life. The cost of shipping roughly equates to what I'd pay for state tax, so that's essentially a wash. Since they're relatively recent units, they still have anywhere from 2 to 3 years on their warranties.

Anyone with experience with any of these 3 tractors (or any others who obviously know more than I do about JD and tractors in general) - the X500 (new or used), or a used X534 or X540? - what do you think? Your feedback and advise would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Well, ultimately the decision is yours. I would have no problem buying a 1 or 2 year old unit with low hours. Probably the best source for such a unit is a dealer near a JD plant, where JD employees trade every year or two. One such dealer, in Dubuque, Iowa, will ship and from what I understand, they do a great job in prep and some units ship free (so to speak). Their Web site is www.lawnpower.com. It might be good to just visit their site and see what they have for inventory and what price they have listed.

As far as model goes, I would recommend the Select 500 series. The locking differential is a real plus. I'm not a big fan of 4WS, not that there is anything wrong with it, but I guess it really boils down to if you really need it or not.

I have an X540, and went with that for the liquid-cooled engine and the hydraulic lift for the mower deck. The X500 (air-cooled) or X520 (liquid-cooled) are both great units. The X520 does not have hydraulic lift like the X540, nor power steering. I would, however, recommend the HDAP tires, especially with any incline.

If you want a great tractor, don't need liquid-cooling, power steering, or hydraulic lift, I would go with the X500 over an X300 series tractor. The big difference is a garden tractor vs. a lawn tractor. Plus the locking differential which is a more robust unit than what comes in the X300 series units.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My little yard is a little over 3 acres but I cut about 1.5 to 1.75. Some very steep hills and way to many trees and obstacles. Maybe my experience over the years with my tractor may help you decide. I have a 265 thats over 21 years old to me and still chugging along. Not sure how long the previous owner had it. I am guessing it has 1500 plus hours. Do not know because the hour meter dusted over along time ago. The hydro slips a little but I am sure it will keep going. I have had zero maintenance on it other than filters, batteries, oils and greasing. It is a true garden tractor for its day. It has endured quite well. I am sure the hydro slipping was probably caused by my kids "tractor surfing" as they call it. Don't ask, Suffice it to say serious abuse.That old used tractor just took it and asked for more. Ten years later still chugging along.

I am looking to upgrade to a 500 series or 700 series for the following reasons. For my mowing has become a chore I do not like to do. I am getting older and power steering is a very very attractive feature.
I want a bigger deck. 54" 0r 62" I am getting lazy. My deck now is only 46". My tractor has always needed more traction when turning at the bottom of steep hill. Two wheel drive is a must in my opinion. Especially as your tires wear down. I still have the original tires. The newer 500 and 700 tractors are much quieter and more comfortable. The 700 series is so comfortable it may make me want to mow again.

My Conclusions and choices are based on comparing the new ones to my old one. I am not an expert and their are others far more knowledgable than I. I just do not think a 300 series would give me the kind of trouble free long term service I am used to.. My opinion

IMHO the frame and hydro on the 300 is not what I want in a tractor mower. When compared to mine its a joke. For long term hard use I just do not think they would perform like my old 265. The 500 frame is better but not equal to my current tractor. The hydro is much better on the 500 series vs the 300 series. At least According to hydro manufacturer it has alot more power. To me the frame and hydro is everything. For me this meant it would have to be a 500 or 700 series. Otherwise I would be trading down. I am leaning towards a used 720 if I can find one I can afford.

Lastly do not be afraid of a used well maintained tractor. If that is what it takes to get into a 500 series do it. My used one is still going. If you do not plan on keeping it for a long time and kids do not abuse it, go with the 300 series and with proper maintenance it should do just fine. In reality I am not sure the price increase in the 500 over the 300 is warranted. But to me the frame and hydro demands that I go with at least the 500 series. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've had an X300 and an X540.
The X540 is hands down a better unit.
From the description of your terrain, I would definately lean towards the X540.
Hydrulic lift, power steering and beefier transmission, liquid cooled and differential lock. If the new price tag is a stretch, I would not be afraid to get a slightly used unit like you mentioned. Something with 100-150 hours is barely broke in.
As for the All Wheel Steer. I don't have any experience with them. I have no desire to have one. I have a small commercial lawn business (part time) and a lot of trees to mess with. Still no desire to have one. My brother in law however, has an X534 and he loves the All Wheel Steer.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Sounds like you've been doing your homework. It's a difficult choice, as there are many good possibilities, and obviously you want the most for your money, and want to spend as little of it as possible.

To be honest, I think since you have settled on a Deere, the warranty issue isn't as important, in terms of trying to be assured you'll get a mower that won't be a troublemaker. Getting a model that's 5-8 years old with average or slightly less time on it, you should be okay. Just have it checked over well by someone you trust (or yourself) and get a history if you can.

I'd recommend looking at some of the GT and GX series from 2002 on. Most are in the 18-20 hp range, are air-cooled, either B&S Vanguard or Kawasaki, and the GX355 has an 18hp diesel, if you're so inclined. They have true garden tractor tranny's, are heavy enough to give you a decent ride and are durable enough to be potentially the last mower you'll need for a very long time. Most have either a manual or electric lift, not usually power steering, but are low effort to operate. I have an '02 GT235, pretty much on the lower end of the spectrum for this series, and it's been bulletproof for over 435 hrs. You can get one of these for somewhere in the $2200-$2500 range in reasonable to good condition, or you can go further up the line to around $3000-$3500 for one of the more "loaded" models. They are on a par with the X5xx. Mower sizes are anything from 48" to 62".

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
>"The 700 series is so comfortable it may make me want to mow again."

I couldn't agree more , our new X720 makes me want to cut grass, it has the ride
of a Cadillac. The difference in ride and stability between the X500, I sent
back, and the X720 is amazing. One downfall is it loves gas, couldn't get the
wife to go diesel.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and enjoy the forum. I would be looking at the used low hour X500 series with the HDAP tires on it. Sounds like there are some available in your area. Good luck. slkpk

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

The x475 is virtually identical to the 720 if you can find a good used one. I traded my 2005 last year with 180 hrs on it and the dealer had no trouble selling it. In 3 years 180hrs I had 0 problems with it. Excellent machine and strong for a GT. Much more machine than a 540. The hydro and rear axle assy as well as the frame and front end are much more robust than the 500 series. These are often used for commercial mowing.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably the best source for such a unit is a dealer near a JD plant, where JD employees trade every year or two. One such dealer, in Dubuque, Iowa, will ship and from what I understand, they do a great job in prep and some units ship free (so to speak). Their Web site is www.lawnpower.com. If you want a great tractor, don't need liquid-cooling, power steering, or hydraulic lift, I would go with the X500 over an X300 series tractor. The big difference is a garden tractor vs. a lawn tractor. Plus the locking differential which is a more robust unit than what comes in the X300 series units.
Thanks for the excellent feedback, guys. I've gotten very little feedback on the other forums, so I greatly appreciate your input here.
From what I'm hearing from everyone, it sounds like the X500 series is the way to go - and I should eliminate the X324 from consideration (although if I'm considering used, I may as well look at a slightly higher-hour X700 series unit, too. As I mentioned with all my pine trees, staying lower in the seat might be a good thing - from what I've seen, I'd sit much higher up on an X700).
My local dealer's extending the current JD discount of $500 on X500 tractors to the entire x500 line through today (the JD X500 special runs through the end of the month), but since I can't afford anything higher than an X500 new, I don't think I need to rush to buy today - I've got through the 31st if I want the $500 discount on a new X500.
Thanks, Stash, for the link to lawnpower.com - I'll reach out to them to find out about their shipping policy, etc. I have looked at a number of used tractors, including a 2006 GX335 with PowerFlow system, which, I suppose, is also an option (comparisons to the current X540?)

Re: Tires - I need to consider HDAP vs turf tires - I think turf's the way to go for my yard - it's really more gently rolling than anyting else, with only a few steep areas that I can't cut with a tractor anyway. Less lawn damage with the turf tires?
Re: Mower Deck - 48" vs 54". I cut half my yard last evening with my neighbor's L110 with a 42" deck. I like that I can get in, out and between trees with the smaller deck. The biggest pain in my cutting is riding along the border of blue spruces, which scratch up both me and the tractor hood. Maybe I'll eventually create a border to allow me to stay away from the trees. In the meantime, I wonder if a larger deck would allow me to cut under the edge of the trees without getting myself scratched up so much. There are a few tight areas I might not be able to get through with the 54" deck that I can currently mow. What's the general consensus on cut quality on the 48" 2-blade deck vs the 54" 3-blade?
Re: Bagging System - As mentioned, I'd love to be able to mulch most of the time, but I can't cut often enough to do so. What does everyone here suggest for the best bagging option on an X500 (and dare I ask, X700 series) tractor?

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I may as well look at a slightly higher-hour X700 series unit, too. As I mentioned with all my pine trees, staying lower in the seat might be a good thing - from what I've seen, I'd sit much higher up on an X700)..............

Re: Tires - I need to consider HDAP vs turf tires - Less lawn damage with the turf tires?

Re: Mower Deck - 48" vs 54". I wonder if a larger deck would allow me to cut under the edge of the trees without getting myself scratched up so much. There are a few tight areas I might not be able to get through with the 54" deck that I can currently mow. What's the general consensus on cut quality on the 48" 2-blade deck vs the 54" 3-blade?

Re: Bagging System - As mentioned, I'd love to be able to mulch most of the time, but I can't cut often enough to do so. What does everyone here suggest for the best bagging option on an X500 (and dare I ask, X700 series) tractor?
You'll definitely sit higher on an X7xx model, as much as a foot. Picture below shows the difference between my GT 235 and X748SE.

I have the Power Flow with the MC519 cart. I love it, it really cleans the ground well, pulls up hickory nuts, pine cones, even black walnuts and chestnuts (imagine the sound of putting gravel in a blender). None of this has damaged the impeller, much to my surprise and satisfaction.

The HDAP tires are awesome for traction, but if you have no heavy pulling/pushing or steep hills, they aren't an advantage to have.

The X7xx is a tad over 48" wide across the rear wheels, so a 48" deck doesn't quite cover the tractor's footprint, a 54" would be as small as I'd recommend for that size tractor, but a 48" is okay for the X5xx, but the available power makes a 54" the better choice unless narrow spots in the yard are an issue (in which case the X7xx won't fit either). I have the 48C deck on my GT235, and the 54C on my 748. Both cut beautifully, but I find the 54 seems harde to keep clean on the underside; it has more nooks and crannies that trap clippings. At 1.75 acres, the 48 would be adequate size, you'll probably be able to mow at a faster speed than you have been.

I'm not really trying to steer you away from a bigger machine like the X7xx, like someone above said, it's so comfortable, you look forward to getting on it again. I'm averaging about 1.5 hrs a day engine time on mine right now, and always look forward to climbing on. I think you'd be very happy with an X5xx or one of the older GT/GX series should you find a great deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'll definitely sit higher on an X7xx model, as much as a foot.
The X7xx is a tad over 48" wide across the rear wheels, so a 48" deck doesn't quite cover the tractor's footprint, a 54" would be as small as I'd recommend for that size tractor, but a 48" is okay for the X5xx, but the available power makes a 54" the better choice unless narrow spots in the yard are an issue (in which case the X7xx won't fit either). I have the 48C deck on my GT235, and the 54C on my 748. Both cut beautifully, but I find the 54 seems harde to keep clean on the underside; it has more nooks and crannies that trap clippings. At 1.75 acres, the 48 would be adequate size, you'll probably be able to mow at a faster speed than you have been.
Excellent points on the tractor footprint / deck size, KHodges. Given the combination of yard size, obstacles, low hanging branches, etc, sounds like the X500 series or GX3 series with a 48" deck might be the right combination for me. I'd trim those low spruce branches, but they screen my yard from a surrounding apartment complex (built on what used to be acreage from our house, before we bought it).
There's always that temptation to take things to the next level (X700 series), but I think the X500 series, particularly the X540, is likely plenty of tractor for me. Besides, that temptation to upgrade is heavily tempered by a hefty college cost for my oldest daughter, with two more daughters to go yet.

I may defer on the PowerFlow for a while, though. I'm heading to the local dealer now to try out an X500 and an X534 he's prepping for someone - so I'll see if the AWS is something I really want or need. I don't know if he's got an X540 I can try or not. I'll let you all know what I think when I return. In the meantime, keep the recommendations coming!
Thanks

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You'll definitely sit higher on an X7xx model, as much as a foot. Picture below shows the difference between my GT 235 and X748SE.

I have the Power Flow with the MC519 cart. I love it, it really cleans the ground well, pulls up hickory nuts, pine cones, even black walnuts and chestnuts (imagine the sound of putting gravel in a blender). None of this has damaged the impeller, much to my surprise and satisfaction.

The HDAP tires are awesome for traction, but if you have no heavy pulling/pushing or steep hills, they aren't an advantage to have.

I'm not really trying to steer you away from a bigger machine like the X7xx, like someone above said, it's so comfortable, you look forward to getting on it again. I'm averaging about 1.5 hrs a day engine time on mine right now, and always look forward to climbing on. I think you'd be very happy with an X5xx or one of the older GT/GX series should you find a great deal.
I agree whole heartedly. slkpk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the insights, guys. Much appreciated.

I did have the chance to stop by my local JD dealer today. He had an X534 they were prepping for sale outside, and I was able to drive it (around a very small parking lot). I've got to say it was a bit weird at first, turning the wheel & feeling the rear end rotate out from behind you. I've heard of the AWS uneven cut complaints from a couple of people - everyone else I've heard from that actually owns an X534 really loves it.

I wish I could've done a direct comparison with the X534 by driving an X500 or X540, but they didn't have any outside the showroom (the midwest this ain't). ****, most people around here with anything over a half-acre use a lawn service...
I wish my dealer had a used tractor inventory, as I'd have no problem buying used from him, but they don't sell used equipment or take trade-ins, so, based on my budget, I'll only buy new from him if it's the X500. I'd LOVE if they'd consider brining two machines out to my property to test ride on my own conditions, and I'm sure they would if they had an inventory of slightly used recent models, but they only carry new machines. It might also be different if I were going to buy from him no matter what model it is that I decide on - but I can't honestly say that.

Although I asked, the dealer apparently can't explain the seemingly contradictory spec that shows the X534 having a larger turning radius than the other X500 series tractors (albeit leaving a smaller circle of uncut grass). I did get the sense that the AWS, with a 48" deck would come in plenty handy with all the things I mow around in my yard, though - so at this point it probably comes down to cost (x500) vs. manueverability (X534) vs. longevity (liquid cooled) and flexibility (X540, or X335). Regarding the X700 series - I cut the lawn with my neighbor's L110 when I got home from the dealer, and I really do think that with such a wide footprint, it'd prevent me from getting into a few places that I can currently cut.

I still wish there were a better option than the PowerFlow bagger (especially at $1K), but I do have to say that the newer Power Flow units I saw had a very simple bar guard mounted on the deck - really just an "L-shaped" piece of rod - but the rod takes the bulk of punishment from trees instead of the bagger housing. Pretty primitive, but probably effective. The PowerFlow manual for my Scotts doesn't make any mention of a guard. Should've thought of that one myself.

I'll likely talk to a couple of the used tractor dealers over the next couple of days, and then make a decision - whether it be the new X500 or a used X534 or X540. Boy, I wish the X534 had a water cooled engine - might make my decision easier...

If I look at slightly older tractors, any reason that a low-hour 2006 GX335 wouldn't fit the bill for what I'm looking for? I give up some warranty, but get what I think is a solid tractor, at a slightly better price.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nothing wrong at all with the GX series. slkpk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think my 48C cut any better than my 54C deck does. Perhaps a bit less scalp on the ditches. What I have noticed is, the wider turf tires on my X485 (basically same as an X720) do not compact the soil as my L130 did. The L130 was a huge improvement over a zero turn. But even along fences, the place where your tires always run disappears with the X485. With the zero turn, even changing direction and angles of cut, there was so much weight on the rear tires, that it was easy to see the tracks for weeks.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that most decks, when setup correctly and with sharp blades, give a good cut. But that wider tires will compact the soil less, and the lawn may look better.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
If I look at slightly older tractors, any reason that a low-hour 2006 GX335 wouldn't fit the bill for what I'm looking for? I give up some warranty, but get what I think is a solid tractor, at a slightly better price.
Have you got a line on a GX 335? I'd jump on it in a heartbeat if the price is anywhere close to what the X3xx's are going for. You'll have a GT at least the equal of the X5xx. Not sure, but I think the tranny's are the same, or else the GX has a stronger one. It does have a diff. lock.

What size deck for the GX335? The 54" has rotating deck wheels, for easier removal, but the 48" does not, at least on the 2005 models. The deck is still a breeze to remove, you just have to drag it sideways instead of rolling it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you got a line on a GX 335? I'd jump on it in a heartbeat if the price is anywhere close to what the X3xx's are going for. You'll have a GT at least the equal of the X5xx. Not sure, but I think the tranny's are the same, or else the GX has a stronger one. It does have a diff. lock.

What size deck for the GX335? The 54" has rotating deck wheels, for easier removal, but the 48" does not, at least on the 2005 models. The deck is still a breeze to remove, you just have to drag it sideways instead of rolling it.
I'm mostly seeing the GX335s from the high $3K to high $4K range - I had found a 2005 GX335 with 157 hours and a PowerFlow bagger and 48" deck for $4,900. I think I'd actually prefer the 48" for my yard. I'm not really sure how to compare that deal with, say an X500 for about $800 less (no bagger) or an X540 for just a few hundred dollars more - and still with pretty low hours. I think I'm actually leaning toward the air-cooled X534 for simplicity and manueverability. I'm just not finding as many good deals on them as I am for the liquid-cooled X540, which I'm pretty sure I'd also be more than happy with. Just not sure how much I'd really miss that AWS (again, I've got lots of obstacles and trees to mow around), now that I've tried it (but haven't driven the X500, X520 or X540).

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Don't know how important the Power Flow is to you, but I gave over $1200 for mine, including the MC519 cart, so if you figured about $800 for a used one, the GX is coming in around $4100. I'm a bit surprised at that, figured one 4 years old would be a bit less. I guess the low hours is what they're pricing it by, rather than the age. 157 hours in 4 years? I've put that much on my 748 since last October.

Just makes the decisions harder, doesn't it? There's a lot to be said for simplicity, too. Air cooling sure takes the worry out of making sure the antifreeze is up to snuff during the winter, and I can't see a big difference in longevity as long as you're staying on top of maintenance, which I'm sure you do.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My NJ issues are similar but not exact so I started my own thread on what I am looking at.

The "Green Tag" sale details are:

Save $200 (U.S.) on X360 Tractor, X534 Multi-Terrain™ Tractor and X720 Ultimate™ Tractor offer available May 1, 2009 through May 31, 2009. This offer may be combined with Deere Season savings offers. Prices and models may vary by dealer. Savings based on the purchase of eligible equipment. Offers available on new equipment and in the U.S. only. This offer is not available in California or for purchase of units to be used in California. View offers on equipment available in California. Prices and savings in U.S. dollars. See your dealer for details.

Now, I wonder if the 5.99% intrest rate and the $200 are combinable.

What did you finally buy?

I'll pick one out on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know how important the Power Flow is to you, but I gave over $1200 for mine, including the MC519 cart, so if you figured about $800 for a used one, the GX is coming in around $4100. I'm a bit surprised at that, figured one 4 years old would be a bit less. I guess the low hours is what they're pricing it by, rather than the age. 157 hours in 4 years? I've put that much on my 748 since last October.

Just makes the decisions harder, doesn't it? There's a lot to be said for simplicity, too. Air cooling sure takes the worry out of making sure the antifreeze is up to snuff during the winter, and I can't see a big difference in longevity as long as you're staying on top of maintenance, which I'm sure you do.
Not sure how much the cart adds to the cost - I just know that the PowerFlows go for about $1K new. As I mentioned, I'm not a fan of them, but I may find it to be a "necessary evil", at least in the spring when I can't really mulch due to moisture and fast growth - and I won't know until I try how without it just how messy the lawn will be if I just side discharge (but I fear the worst). I've found what I think are great prices on used X540s from a couple of reputable dealers - and I'm starting to lean toward the X534. Unfortunately, as I said, those particular dealers, who are mostly in the midwest, and who also ship out-of-state on a regular basis, don't seem to have many (if any) X534s in stock. I guess most of the X540s come from folks with large, fairly open lawns - unlike my lawn, which has some open areas, but just as many areas full of obstacles. I think the X534 has the combination of AWS, power steering & hydraulics that would work well (if I can locate the right one at the right price). I stay pretty much on top of maintenance, so I think air-cooled wouldn't be problematic in any way.

Interestingly, the JD Mower Selection Tool identifies the X500 and X534 as my logical choices based on my yard size, obstacles, etc, and including the various selections of how I anticipate I'd use the tractor. It doesn't select the X540 unless I include "pulling out shrubs" and "towing", which are not really part of my intended everyday uses - so I figure I'm already buying plenty of tractor for my present needs. I only mention that because if I were to "settle" for an X500, I'd at least cover myself financially in case I decide I need to add the PowerFlow unit.

And yes...it DOES make the decision harder!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts